Anyone using iPad with their Lowrance units?

Im curious if anyone has an iPad mounted at the console for an extra display?

Can you choose what screen you want the iPad to show? Or does it only mirror the Lowrance screen?
    Last edited by TNReb; 02-28-2021 at 10:50 AM.
    2023 Puma STS

2. Member
    I have two ipads that connect to my HDS Live simultaneously. Works great with either the Lowrance app or the Link app. Just mirrors the Lowrance screen - you do have full control of the menu settings on the ipad.
    Solix 10 DI SI
    Lowrance 7 HDS Live
    Ulterra i-Pilot Link
    AS GPS HS - External GPS

3. Member
    You can choose the screen from the iPad. But it only mirrors you can control the unit from the iPad. It’s the coolest thing in the work.

4. Member
    I have an iPad at the bow and another at the helm. Both my iPads are older models.

The good - the app works well, you can control the settings, it doubles your screen real estate, and you can run the Navionics boating chart app, especially if your iPad has GPS.

The bad - you're limited to iPad battery life unless you run a charger, you need a waterproof case, and because I have older models the screen isn't particularly bright or easy to see in bright sunlight.

5. Member
    I guess I'm struggling to see the benefit of the ipad.

If I could always have my map on my ipad while my Lowrance shows side/down/2d, that would be helpful. It sounds like that's not possible.

If it only mirrors the Lowrance screen, how are you guys using it? Maybe you're thinking of something I'm not.
    2023 Puma STS

6. Member
    Many people who use their iPad or phone to mirror the screen use it on larger boats so they can monitor the HDS screens from below deck, or on a bridge where they may not have another unit, and don't want to buy and wire up another unit.

Some bassboat and smaller boat guys may use it in their home while connected to their boat in the garage or side yard with the units powered up to edit waypoints, plot routes, make settings changes, etc. Lets you stay warm in the home, while watching TV and working on your units.
    ciao,
    Marc

7. Member
    I did this all of the time with my previous Garmin setup and plan to do it with my current Lowrance live setup. I would "clone" the screen at the console on the iPad for mapping and use the entire screen on my front graph for imaging while fishing. Although I realize its not exact and there is a 12-15' difference depending on the size of your boat this was a relatively cheap way for me to avoid running duals on the front of my boat.