Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Regardless, I would argue the quality and design of tin keeps improving every year. My old 16’ Lowe was all I could afford in the day but these rigs have become something else. Best lesson from the Lowe. Bought it in winter in Colorado form a mechanic at an RV store. Put the motor in a horse trough and it ran great. Broke down everyday at the lake and after 4 visits to various mechanics found it had a blown cylinder. Each of the mechanics ran it in their tanks as well and it ran like a top. The 4th actually did a compression test. Lesson was bring a compression gauge and a reminder that some folks have little to no ethics when selling something.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Really guy? Good lord.
    Agreed, for pete's sake, stop trying to create drama out of a simple comment.

3. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Time for new column on the spreadsheet.

Tin boat final day appearances:

carey typing.gif
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by abs988s View Post
    Still not quite sure who Mark was talking to in his first post. Sounds like a response to a point that wasn’t even being made. I noticed the same thing as the OP and thought it was interesting that there were three brands of tin rigs being run. I guess the OP might need to look around for a site thats more appropriate to talk about boats. Maybe one that’s centralized to bass boats or something.

Was just trying to say maybe we all make too big a deal about type of boat etc that gets used. Seeing 3 tin rigs out of 10 in the finals kinda brought home the point that we probably make having a fiberglass boat over an aluminum a bigger deal than it really is. At the end of the day it was the guys in the boat getting it done. Was not a shot at OP, tin rigs or anyone. Simple an observation and sites like these are for sharing opinions. No one shouted down the OP, no one was rude to the OP and definitely no one told him to not talk about boats on here.
    Maybe I should have worded my post better. As I stated though you obviously have a right to your opinion on my comments. I have explained what I intended by them and that is about the best I can do.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    All i know is i had an older express & the deck sure wasn't narrow on it. If i were buying another tin rig express would be the one i tried hardest to find.
    Me too. Had a 2001 18 footer with a 125. Ran 56-58, always cranked and never had an issue with the boat; running a lot of rough water too.

6. Member
    Better gas mileage, just curious, my Ranger is a heavy boat.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Come on Mark, that's a stupid thing to say.
    Good grief......Mark made it clear he meant no disrespect just simply made a comment. Your contentious reply is obviously nothing less than an attempt to take a shot and be contentious. Mark has nothing to prove, his history on this site speaks for itself, he’s a standup guy.

OP, I agree - seeing 3 tin out of 10 boats, which I think is cool. Seems like we are seeing more and more tin boats, if I ever get in the market for a new boat I’ll definitely go take a look at them.
    Last edited by itsahog; 02-28-2021 at 12:20 PM.

8. Member
    The video walk through John Cox did of his on youtube is something to see. He has 7 lithium batteries in his set up

Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    That Lund looks like a nice boat. I wouldn't mind one in that 18' version. Haven't got a good look at the others.
    Is Gustafson in a Lund? That would make sense for him to run one, being he is from the far north and those things are popular up there.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RH1 View Post
    No kidding!!
    X2
    I'm not dead yet.....competition is the life blood of any human being

Gussy’s Lund is a bad a** boat !! Would love to have one!

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Good grief......Mark made it clear he meant no disrespect just simply made a comment. Your contentious reply is obviously nothing less than an attempt to take a shot and be contentious. Mark has nothing to prove, his history on this site speaks for itself, he’s a standup guy.
    Well, first of all I wasn't being contentious. The OP asked a very simple question. He wanted to know if this was the first time that 3 tin rigs had been used on the final day. All that was required was a simple yes or no. Nothing more, nothing less. Mark responded with a post that had NOTHING to do with his question. Zilch, zero, nada. I stand behind my comment that HIS POST was stupid. I never said a word that Mark was stupid or he wasn't a stand up guy. Too bad it ruffled some feathers. Get over it.

13. Banned
    Come on Mark, that's a stupid thing to say. The OP didn't say anything about finding fish. He asked a simple question about their boats.
    lol really?

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw18 View Post
    All are good boats that have their use. Christie’s is the more traditional bass boat of the 3. That thing will fly and fishes the same as a glass boat for the most part.
    Fly like any other 21 foot boat with a 250.

15. Member
    Well, first of all I wasn't being contentious. The OP asked a very simple question. He wanted to know if this was the first time that 3 tin rigs had been used on the final day. All that was required was a simple yes or no. Nothing more, nothing less. Mark responded with a post that had NOTHING to do with his question. Zilch, zero, nada. I stand behind my comment that HIS POST was stupid. I never said a word that Mark was stupid or he wasn't a stand up guy. Too bad it ruffled some feathers. Get over it.
    Laughable.....

16. Banned
    Someone got their junk in a bunch

17. Member
    I agree.

I think the OPs observation was interesting, a testament to how far tin has come. I don't think Marks was off base. Its the individual that catches the fish not the equipment. Which is great that we can see all variances in equipment being used to be successful. John Cox is using a ABU Vertas $99, and Gussy a high end loomis $550.
    Anyone want to make a deduction on that? Equipment or Individual?

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zpilot View Post
    I agree.
    So if you are in a lounge, discussions don't go different directions? You guys must be a real joy to be around.....

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    I think the OPs observation was interesting, a testament to how far tin has come. I don't think Marks was off base. Its the individual that catches the fish not the equipment. Which is great that we can see all variances in equipment being used to be successful. John Cox is using a ABU Vertas $99, and Gussy a high end loomis $550.
    Anyone want to make a deduction on that? Equipment or Individual?
    Its hard to not root for a guy like Cox. He could be out there in an innertube, zebco 33 and pack of jelly worms and catch a bunch.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast