Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Considering a hybrid bay boat. How does Ranger stack up against the others?

I currently have a 2008 Ranger Z520 anniversary edition that I truly love and finally have set up exactly as I want, so I'm no stranger to Ranger, but I have not been on one of the Ranger bay boats and am just beginning my search for a bay boat and because I am a Ranger owner I want to put them on the board for consideration. Any thoughts anyone would be willing to share? I'm looking in the 21-24 foot range. And of course there are a million options, but the main thing is I want a solid platform to build on.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    If you haven’t already done so, search “Ranger bay boat” on YouTube. Several interesting videos there on different models/lengths. I’ve never heard a negative review of the Ranger bay series boats. I’d say “solid platform” is spot on.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Thank you. I'll do that.

4. mikesxpress
    Robert you will want to look at the Regulator 24 XO as a comparison. I'm in the middle of the same process right now. I have no brand loyalty to anything. The right/best tool for the job is what matters.

https://www.regulatormarine.com/xo-s...t-models/24xo/

I run a 2015 Ranger 2310 Bay 300 Yamaha four stroke. I love that boat. So much fun and comfortable. Rides great, very dry. I’ve had it 40 miles offshore, and of course all over the bay in skinny water. I run over 50 MPH and I have a factory T Top and dual power poles. It’s pretty much a hard core fishing boat, not many creature comforts, but does have jump seats in the rear. Cooler seat in front of the console.

6. Member
    Thanks for the link Mike, I'll check them out too!

7. Member
    Awesome videos! Thanks for the ride!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Robert you will want to look at the Regulator 24 XO as a comparison. I'm in the middle of the same process right now. I have no brand loyalty to anything. The right/best tool for the job is what matters.

https://www.regulatormarine.com/xo-s...t-models/24xo/

The web-site won't fully load. There is a pulsing status bar in the middle of a grey screen, but I can't view the boats or options etc. Not sure what the problem is. I shut my browser down and tried again, but so far no-go.

9. Member
    Apparently it is a Firefox browser issue. I was able to get on with a different browser

10. mikesxpress
    Dean I see your catching some those highly regulated almost extinct red snapper.

11. Member
    Called and talked with Keith. Very knowledgeable and gave me some main points to consider. Also offered a factory tour and encouraged me to come see the boats being built so you can see exactly what they look like from the hull to the top cap. Their boats are heavier than a lot of boats, which for me would equate to very stable and excellent ride in rougher waters. Lots to consider. Mike, if you get a bay boat crossover, are you considering selling your intracoastal?

12. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by Super 91 View Post
    Apparently it is a Firefox browser issue. I was able to get on with a different browser
    I rode in one last spring and that fully glassed in CC was great. With the vents closed you get virtually no wind on you. The bolstered shock absorbing seating is fantastic. It already comes with the slip rail so you can add the cockpit curtain in a few minutes and it goes all the way to the deck. Nice if it's real nasty or during a storm.

13. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by Super 91 View Post
    Called and talked with Keith. Very knowledgeable and gave me some main points to consider. Also offered a factory tour and encouraged me to come see the boats being built so you can see exactly what they look like from the hull to the top cap. Their boats are heavier than a lot of boats, which for me would equate to very stable and excellent ride in rougher waters. Lots to consider. Mike, if you get a bay boat crossover, are you considering selling your intracoastal?
    Everything is for sale.

14. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Everything is for sale.
    That’s been my catch-phrase for a very long time. Not sure I’d sell my house, but that’s mainly because I don’t have the energy to move. Everything else can be replaced. Cash is king.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

15. Member
    https://avid-boats.com/23-fusion/ Good looking boat priced very reasonable with plenty of features.

https://avid-boats.com/23-fs-mag/ Another nice one. Runs in pretty skinny water too

Then again, I might have https://unclejcustomboats.com/ just build me exactly what I want. I already have 5 legal pad pages of notes of details I want on this boat. Not sure if I want to go Aluminum, but it seems the line between good welded aluminum boats and glass boats is getting pretty blurred these days.

16. Member
    Waiting on a dealer to price the Ranger Bay, so hopefully I will have a good base-line to go off of. Hard to beat a Ranger, but man there are a ton of other boats out there to choose from!

17. Member
    This boat checks a lot of boxes.... https://www.crevalleboats.com/models...o-hybrid-boat/

18. Member

Dean I see your catching some those highly regulated almost extinct red snapper.
    Yeah...they are so almost extinct you can’t catch anything else.

Now they are talking about a 2 day season form what I read on the forums....freaking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    If you haven’t already done so, search “Ranger bay boat” on YouTube. Several interesting videos there on different models/lengths. I’ve never heard a negative review of the Ranger bay series boats. I’d say “solid platform” is spot on.
    The Ranger 2660 is nice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast