200 Pro XS 4 stroke price

I'm looking to repower from a Suzuki DF200SS. Was wondering what the going price of a 200 Pro XS is nowadays.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Just a couple more down the Forums list, there's forum dedicated to the Mercury Fourstroke engines. I'll move your thread there for you.

For pricing- you really need to deal directly with a dealer who will be rigging the engine, performing the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection), and registering the engine for you.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks, was just looking to get a ball park price of the just the motor when I shop around, but yeah there are definitely a lot more things that go into the equation.

4. Member
    I do not believe the Suzuki controls are compatible with the Mercury Pro XS so that will add to the cost of a repower.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

5. Member
    The best prices I'm getting are just under 20k out the door. That's including controls, harnesses, and tax etc

A couple places offered prices on the non Pro XS, so the V6 four stroke. Does anyone know if theres a huge performance decrease between the V6 and Pro XS? Are we talking a few mph top end or even more?

If you are going to repower, don't skimp for your bassboat and get the ProXS. The V8 should get that 195 to the speeds that you want.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    If you are going to repower, don't skimp for your bassboat and get the ProXS. The V8 should get that 195 to the speeds that you want.
    Affirmative. I actually just ordered a 200 V8 Pro XS. Pretty excited. Does anyone know if the Torquemaster gear case is suited for that horsepower? I think this is the first time it's offered for the 200? Does it make much of a difference?

8. Member
    Check your PMs

9. Member
    Give Brian a call at duck river marine in Tennessee I bought mine there best prices I've ever saw on new motors and he took my blown motor on trade in.
    JEFF
    TALBOTT,TN
    VIPER COBRA 201
    Mercury pro xs

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    The 200 Pro XS V8 comes with a TorqueMaster Gen2 lower with 1.75 gears and is well suited for 200-300 h.p.
    Gotcha thanks. The website says there's two options, I assume the Torquemaster is standard unless you specifically choose something else.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    Gotcha thanks. The website says there's two options, I assume the Torquemaster is standard unless you specifically choose something else.
    Not sure which "The website" you're viewing, but the 250 ProXS Fourstroke (L- 20" shaft) is available in a Mechanical and a DTS (Digital throttle and shift control).
    model.

Both have the FOURSTROKE TM (Torquemaster), which is not the same as the "Gen-2" (though it looks very similar).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor