Raker II blowout problems

I recently installed a new lower on my 225 rude and decided to try and change from a 4 blade to a 3 blade. I bought a 25p and 26p Raker II. I have ran rakers in the past and never had problems but I have never ran a raker II. This thing has huge vent holes and I think that's the reason I'm blowing out. I have to feather the throttle for a while just to get on pad. Anyone have any ideas as to what I could do. I really wanna run the 3 blade to get a little more top end. Any help is much appreciated.

2. Member
    Are the props new or used and are they Raker II or Raker HO's. They make an adjustable plug for the HO model and the holes could be PVS system holes if the props are used and the owner had PVS holes put in them..

3. Member
    The 25p has never been ran until me and the 26 was ran once. They are Raker II. The original had no work done to them they came with the vent holes in them. I was told by another guy that these props were made two different size vents and apparently have the one with larger vent holes and do not make pvs plugs for them.

4. Banned
    call mark, he might be able the adjust the hole size where you can use the different size hole plugs.

5. Member
    Well i just thought I would post about some of my experience with my old boat. (201 status w/2005 Evinrude etec) One problem I had when I switched to a Evinrude M case lower unit. it would run good with a 4 blade prop with the weed ring installed, but when I switched to a 3 blade prop it was very hard to get out of the hole without the prop blowing out. The cure was installing a 3 blade prop seal That is much like the 4 blade weed guard but must be used for the magnum case because of its slightly larger case size. (3 blade prop seal part#0346462).