Passion of the Christ...

John Caviezel gives testimony about making the movie. Both him and Mel Gibson received Holy Communion every day on the set. Anxious to watch the next film that Gibson puts out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8j3pErRa44
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

2. Member
    My wife and I went to see "The Passion" in the theater when it first came out. It was an afternoon showing, and were about the only "old people" there. The theater was full of "kids"...teens and such. When the movie was over, not one person moved for several minutes. Then gradually, in total silence, people started to get up and move toward the exits. We were halfway across the parking lot, before I heard anyone say anything. The entire audience was stunned by what we had seen.

I've got the movie on DVD, but I don't think we've ever watched it again. It was just so overwhelming and emotionally draining, that we just haven't been able to go back there.

3. Member
    @CajunBass, that was our experience as well.

they backed off on their presentation of the scourging...he was beaten to a pulp....
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjrtykr View Post
    @CajunBass, that was our experience as well.
    Ours as well. You could hear the sniffles and muffled crying/tears throughout he movie and after it was over too. Not ashamed to say some of the tears that fell were mine.
    Last edited by AdamB; 02-28-2021 at 06:04 PM.