MG Tour Pro Install question

I just installed a new MG Tour Pro 36V 109 trolling motor. After connecting the wiring and plugging it in, there is one audible beep (which the manual says is normal on start up) but none of the lights on the pedal light up. We replaced an old MG Digital Tour of the same voltage/thrust and utilized the existing plug for the new motor. I’ve read a few things about the motor not functioning while in the stow position and to be honest I didn’t try to deploy it because I thought the power light would have lit up whether the motor was stowed or deployed. Does anyone know if this is the case, or does it sound like there may be something wrong. Sorry I tried to be as descriptive as possible, but if there is anything that I left out that could help diagnose what might be going on please feel free to let me know. Thanks in advance for any assistance you all can provide.

2. Member
    None of the lights will come on until the motor is deployed. At least mine doesn't.

3. Member
    Awesome. Unfortunately I live an hour away from where my boat is, but I can’t wait to get back down there and hopefully find out that’s what the deal is. Do you like yours, is there anything I should be looking out for or any tips you can offer? I appreciate your help, thank you.

4. Member
    Is the hole pattern the same as the old MG Tour or did you have to drill new holes?

Quote Originally Posted by venture89 View Post
    None of the lights will come on until the motor is deployed.
    True for mine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by staeblmt126 View Post
    Is the hole pattern the same as the old MG Tour or did you have to drill new holes?
    Yes, the same. Actually, the new Tour Pro mount is drilled for several different mounting hole patterns.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by staeblmt126 View Post
    No, the old mount has WAY more options for the 4" pattern. I had to drill another hole.

Also the pedal is opposite of my digital in that I have to push all the way forward to get prop to port. This may make me switch livescope to starbound mount which I really don't want to do.