Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I also believe that Ionics are manufactured to a specification developed by a company in NC. Whether they are made there or not, I could not answer.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidAnderson View Post
    Well I just purchased 4 Ionics from Drewcraft. Having received them and installing them I had a problem with the Ionic App (since resolved). I will only claim what I have seen and been explained to me. Lithium hub is the main distributor of the Ionic Battery. Drewcraft is a dealer carrying many products including the Ionic products. My batteries were ordered through Drewcraft and I dealt with Andy. Once ordered the batteries were shipped to me from the Lithium hub. I called Lithium Hub last Friday to discuss the app problem and stated that I ordered through Drewcraft, we discussed them and my satisfaction. I know nothing about Stark Power but it could be a separate company, I claim ignorance. However it's possible that Stark might have been too early in the game and just didn't make sense to keep it going. Today the price and features of LiFePo4 batteries are within reach of the realm of the hard core fisherman, much more than say 2 years ago. I think that Ionic Batteries have a lot going for them, their BMS and Bluetooth features are quite impressive. I am a believer they will be around for a while.
    from all accounts on this website, Andy at Drewcraft appears to be a real stand up guy. Did not mean this to be against him. Just a little mystery behind Lithium hub / Ionic that is never addressed and it appears past questions have always been completely ignored. There were past complaints on Stark Power with the BBB. One includes a customer that shipped a battery back, kept calling for updates and just got the runaround, called again and the phones were disconnected. Not exactly a warm and fuzzy moment.

3. Member
    To help clarify a couple things.

1. RangerZ is one of first person in the country to test and to use lithium battery in his bass boat and is a big fan for IONIC lithium batteries.
    2. Drewcraft is a dealer for Lithiumhub that sells Ionic batteries exclusively on BBC.
    3. Mr. Ionic is the general manager and coordinates with dealers and sales Lithiumhub
    4. Martin Koebler is the founder, sr engineer and owner of Lithiumhub that created the IONIC battery brand. He is also the inventor and patent holder for the BMS MOSFET control switch that simplified electronic controls for direct replacement for lead acid batteries. These are used inside stand alone lithium batteries that all the other lithium battery companies on this forum are infringing on. He also was the founder of StarkPower and head engineer that put his trust into others with a hired CEO that ran the company into the ground. Someone with business knowledge would understand how that can happen. If you are using lithium batteries in your boat or plan to, you can thank Martin Koebler for his contribution to make them safe to use. It would be hardly fishy what has been contributed to our society.

Martin Koebler has over 25 years of experience developing and managing large technical projects using energy storage and electrical traction drive systems like the ones used in the Ford Focus all-electric vehicle. In 1999, Koebler was the first individuals in the world to demonstrate that lithium-ion batteries can be used in a motor vehicle. He founded Solar Motions, a nonprofit research organization to this end. A team of over 50 volunteer engineers showcased this technological development in a solar powered vehicle that raced across Australia. The vehicle won first in class and fourth overall in the 2001 race. The Australian race also showcased the use lithium-ion technology in a vehicle.
    Martin Eberhard, co-founder of Tesla, was inspired to employ this lithium-ion technology to replace the lead-acid batteries in the tzero, produced by AC Propulsion. When AC Propulsion resisted commercial production of the tzero with lithium-ion technology, Eberhard joined forces with Elon Musk to form Tesla to commercialize this platform.
    Koebler has been employed by Light Engineering as a design engineer executing test plans for amorphous metal electric DC/DC brushless motors. At Space Systems Loral, he developed batteries, chargers and solar panels. Work on projects such as the international Space Station. While at Magna International, Koebler worked to develop and provided the first 10 battery packs for the Ford Focus all-electric prototype vehicle.
    Working alongside Dean Kamen, inventor of the Segway PT, Koebler developed electric and hybrid vehicles and other specialty projects. Koebler holds over 22 issued US Patents in the areas of Lithium-ion batteries and power storage technology.

4. Member
    Thank you!

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I represent powerhouse Lithum and I answer my phone everyday all day long.... if I don't answer my phone its because im usually assisting several other customers or Im at lunch but I return every call within 30 min or less 607 467 5700 or can text pretty much 24/7 607 221 3480
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 02-12-2023 at 10:06 PM.

I have only called one of those companies Millertech and didn't get an answer at either number but did leave messages and got two calls back later that day by two different individuals.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

7. Banned
    I appreciate that the guys on this board are stand up guys and share the knowledge but I'm still waiting on return calls from some of these "manufacturers ". Some have websites that seem to always say no stock...pre order now. Looks like they're not even well capitalized enough to import on their own dime, like they need the preorder cash upfront to do their purchasing. That combined with the lack of someone to answer a phone call isn't very confidence inspiring.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 700Sam View Post
    I appreciate that the guys on this board are stand up guys and share the knowledge but I'm still waiting on return calls from some of these "manufacturers ". Some have websites that seem to always say no stock...pre order now. Looks like they're not even well capitalized enough to import on their own dime, like they need the preorder cash upfront to do their purchasing. That combined with the lack of someone to answer a phone call isn't very confidence inspiring.
    as far as stock goes the marine industry as a whole has boomed since covid , everything in the marine industry theres shortages or backorders on. Lithium batteries are no different, HUGE DEMAND ON THEM CURRENTLY. What does seperate them is there made in china. Unless your airing them in they take 2 months to get here.. orders were generally placed a month or more before that its hard to judge demand and read the market 3 plus months in advance. Nobody likes being out of stock nobody makes money that way from the lithium companies to the dealers selling them.. You also have to deal with the one month "chinese new year shutdown" where nothing goes on. I dont think it has anything to do with not having capital. I cant speak for every company however I know Ionic and Powerhouse are well funded.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 02-12-2023 at 10:07 PM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ionic View Post
    To help clarify a couple things.

1. RangerZ is one of first person in the country to test and to use lithium battery in his bass boat and is a big fan for IONIC lithium batteries.
    2. Drewcraft is a dealer for Lithiumhub that sells Ionic batteries exclusively on BBC.
    3. Mr. Ionic is the general manager and coordinates with dealers and sales Lithiumhub
    4. Martin Koebler is the founder, sr engineer and owner of Lithiumhub that created the IONIC battery brand. He is also the inventor and patent holder for the BMS MOSFET control switch that simplified electronic controls for direct replacement for lead acid batteries. These are used inside stand alone lithium batteries that all the other lithium battery companies on this forum are infringing on. He also was the founder of Stark Power.

RangerZ started with using Stark Power batteries, correct? Stark goes bust and leaves it customers stranded. I am to believe that he then goes out and buys Ionic batteries (when the old Stark batteries should have had years of life left) , and gets his boat wrapped with the Ionic logo, then comes on this site and almost all his posts are strictly about Ionic products, just because he is a fan and has no relationship or financial incentive? And now you come on the board and your posts are also promoting the product for the company that you work for yet I do not see ionic or lithium hub as a sponsor here. Could you also answer why no one returned the OP’s call from Lithium Hub.

10. Banned
    I've given up on calling or expecting a call back. I understand that this niche market and some the companies are in their infancy so that's fine. Everyone's gotta start somewhere.
    Realistically, if money is remotely an issue when considering boat batteries then lithiums are not for the faint of heart.
    Don't let the warranty be a factor in your purchase. Even if the company is around, most warranties are bull$hit. Another thing is don't expect that smartphone battery app to work when your iPhone 23 or Samsung Galaxy 68 or whatever we're up to in a few years. Heck I can't bring myself to buy a power pole charge because of this. 5 years down the road when mobile isn't compatible with with whatever version of the app, you got a pretty useless box sitting there.

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    [/LIST]
    RangerZ started with using Stark Power batteries, correct? Stark goes bust and leaves it customers stranded. I am to believe that he then goes out and buys Ionic batteries (when the old Stark batteries should have had years of life left) , and gets his boat wrapped with the Ionic logo, then comes on this site and almost all his posts are strictly about Ionic products, just because he is a fan and has no relationship or financial incentive? And now you come on the board and your posts are also promoting the product for the company that you work for yet I do not see ionic or lithium hub as a sponsor here. Could you also answer why no one returned the OP’s call from Lithium Hub.
    Geezzzzz........
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

12. Member
    bottom line: There's no faith to be had anywhere with this. You're either going to hop on that new band wagon, take a gamble, leap of faith, and believe in something.... or wait ten years and see who is tried and true.

It's really just a personality thing. No need to argue about it.

Almost like buying Tesla ;)
    2020 Phoenix 19PHX, Mercury 225 ProXS V8 fourstroke

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I Heck I can't bring myself to buy a power pole charge because of this. 5 years down the road when mobile isn't compatible with with whatever version of the app, you got a pretty useless box sitting there.
    power pole has had a app now for there poles for 9 to 10 years, its called firmware updates... no differnet with the Charge.

14. Member
    So let's take some bets. If you put money on what lithium battery companies that will be around in 10 years. Who would you place on the list? I'm fairly new to the game but, I would say lithium pros, relion, dakota lithium, ionic, and amped outdoors will make it. I feel like if I bought any of those batteries and had issues 5 years down the line I'd be fine

Quote Originally Posted by MiAngler View Post
    So let's take some bets. If you put money on what lithium battery companies that will be around in 10 years. Who would you place on the list? I'm fairly new to the game but, I would say lithium pros, relion, dakota lithium, ionic, and amped outdoors will make it. I feel like if I bought any of those batteries and had issues 5 years down the line I'd be fine
    Lithium wont even be on the map in 10 years.

16. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Lithium wont even be on the map in 10 years.
    With the auto industries' mega sized research dollars flooding new battery technology now, it may not even be 5 years until present Lithium is obsoleted and the assembly only companies bankrupt and warrenty's bust. Each of the he major lead acid battery manufacturers as well as the Walmarts and big auto parts stores have known this and always avoided the risky Lithium business.

Good news is shortly we boaters will have a much, much more longer life and powerful alternative available at a lower price from actual retail stores willing to stock and back it .
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 03-06-2021 at 11:04 AM.

17. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MiAngler View Post
    No knock against any of them, but all are small companies relatively speaking. All it takes is one good kick in the pants from an economic downturn, a batch of bad components etc. to put them into distress. Remember OMC 20 years ago.

Battle Born is big in the RV world so they’d have to be favored to be around.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

18. Member
    On this forum it looks like the Lithium battery is OK! Small sample perhaps, but almost all tech seems to be doing well. Not betting or dissing any, but quality stuff and support usually win out. But! times are not normal. As LeRoy Lockhorn said today" Remember when reality was believable?" Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Try buying a Humminbird unit right now. Try buying your favorite bait from Tackle Warehouse. Everyone is out of stock right now. Everyone. You couldnt even get toilet paper this last summer. Covid has destroyed our supply chains. Guys are pre ordering and they get the stock as it comes in. Creates a perpetual backorder. Its how everything is right now.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

20. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
    Try buying a Humminbird unit right now. Try buying your favorite bait from Tackle Warehouse. Everyone is out of stock right now. Everyone. You couldnt even get toilet paper this last summer. Covid has destroyed our supply chains. Guys are pre ordering and they get the stock as it comes in. Creates a perpetual backorder. Its how everything is right now.
    EXACTLY!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12