Lake Eufaula pattern for spring

If you are planning a fishing trip to Eufaula this spring, sight fishing for bedding bass or working the weed line will work, but it is not a winning pattern. Last week, I read an article about a local angler who won four major tournaments on the lake. His winning pattern is to fish brush piles. Works for prespawn, post spawn and cold fronts. Fishing brush piles is how Dustin Connell won MLF tournament on Eufaula this week. The article on brush pile fishing in spring is at www.fishingbama.com. Now, if I just knew a crappie fishermen who would share his waypoints...

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pacwa View Post
    If you are planning a fishing trip to Eufaula this spring, sight fishing for bedding bass or working the weed line will work, but it is not a winning pattern. Last week, I read an article about a local angler who won four major tournaments on the lake. His winning pattern is to fish brush piles. Works for prespawn, post spawn and cold fronts. Fishing brush piles is how Dustin Connell won MLF tournament on Eufaula this week. The article on brush pile fishing in spring is at www.fishingbama.com. Now, if I just knew a crappie fishermen who would share his waypoints...
    I fish Eufaula often and always see boats anchored in the middle of the lake over brush piles. It's not my style of fishing, I prefer to fish the creeks and pads.

Can we assume that you mean the Lk. Eufaula on the Alabama/Georgia border and NOT the Lk. Eufaula in Oklahoma? Oddly enough, we don't have one here in Washington, but we've got about a dozen Silver Lakes. Yes, it's nuts.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.