Dual Talon Wiring

Is it best to run wires from each Talon to a switch inside the boat or connect the wires together prior to going through the transom? Reason I'm asking i don't have much room left going through the factory rigging opening.
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    2020 Mercury 300R 1E080760
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Ultrex with iPilot Link
    8' Raptors

2. Member
    If they are new or gen 2 Talons then they should have a quick disconnect cable that the connector should remain outside the hull. If you have a breaker to turn your main power off on the boat then connect both to the load side of the breaker to shut power off when you store your boat. If you have no breaker for power then install one power switch for both talons. It is best you make room through the harness to pass the two power wires. Not sure about which talon you have but do not make any connections outside the hull unless you have the proper waterproof connections.
    If you don't do a good job on water proof then you asking for trouble later.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    If they are new or gen 2 Talons then they should have a quick disconnect cable that the connector should remain outside the hull. If you have a breaker to turn your main power off on the boat then connect both to the load side of the breaker to shut power off when you store your boat. If you have no breaker for power then install one power switch for both talons. It is best you make room through the harness to pass the two power wires. Not sure about which talon you have but do not make any connections outside the hull unless you have the proper waterproof connections.
    If you don't do a good job on water proof then you asking for trouble later.
    Thanks for the reply. These are brand new Talons I ordered and haven't received yet.
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Ultrex with iPilot Link
    8' Raptors

4. Member
    I have the BT talons and followed the instructions from JR19 in the sticky thread "talon wiring for disconnect, fuse, battery and alarm" using a disconnect switch mounted in the hull. If I remember correctly I had to cut the fuses off to hook up to the disconnect which made it easier to get the wires through the factory opening. I reconnected the fuses after the shut off switch, not sure if that was necessary or not.

5. Member
    Well I certainly thought that the newer talons came with a power cord that had a quick disconnect plug on the power cord. They do make it for the talon. It is 89.95.

https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

6. Member
    I'm just going to cut the fuse link and wire it in after the battery switch.
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Ultrex with iPilot Link
    8' Raptors

7. Member
    Got them installed yesterday. Everything including Android phone and Solix are paired and working great.
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Ultrex with iPilot Link
    8' Raptors