9” compared to 10 or 12”

I have a 9” Livescope that I pretty much just use the full 9” for livescope viewing.I’m considering going to a bigger screen and wondering how many guys split sonar view with livescope and still find the livescope to be big enough? Or would the full 9” livescope be better in your opinion (compared to split screen on a 10 or 12”)? Not sure how small i can make the sliver of sonar and have the rest livescope? Thanks for any input!

2. Member
    Stack 2 9's at the bow... that's how I'm doing it anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBarBack View Post
    Stack 2 9's at the bow... that's how I'm doing it anyways!
    Same well technically my map is a 8" but we don't talk about that.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I have used all 3 size with Livescope. 9" would be to small to split, if 9" keep it full screen. 10" is a little better but 12" is the ultimate......this winter i put 12" on bow to try with LS as i always used my 9"......BIG difference, also split LS/2D sonar was great on the 12".......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    After you see LS on a 12 or even a 10, you will ask yourself why you didnt do it sooner. To me, there in considerable difference in the picture quality as compared to the 9. I never split the screen when I am using LS even on a 12.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_Rick View Post
    After you see LS on a 12 or even a 10, you will ask yourself why you didnt do it sooner. To me, there in considerable difference in the picture quality as compared to the 9. I never split the screen when I am using LS even on a 12.
    Which 12" model do you have ?
    Last edited by mxmike; 02-27-2021 at 09:14 PM.

7. Member
    I figured my question was going to cost me money lol. Appreciate the feedback.

Which 12” would you get? I only plan to use it for livescope.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    I figured my question was going to cost me money lol. Appreciate the feedback.

Which 12” would you get? I only plan to use it for livescope.
    I believe a Garmin GPSMAP 1222 non-touch will be your cheapest 12” unit. I run a GPSMAP 12” 1242xsv non-touch dedicated to just livescope and it’s fantastic.

9. Member
    Would the gpsmap 1222 be the same livescope picture quality compared to the gpsmap 1242? (I assume the only difference is the 1242 has map but figured I'd confirm).

Also, since the inception of Livescope, is it the same transducer they have always used? (I ask because I have the original and didn't know if I'd gain anything by getting a new one when I increased my unit screen size)?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked247 View Post
    I believe a Garmin GPSMAP 1222 non-touch will be your cheapest 12” unit. I run a GPSMAP 12” 1242xsv non-touch dedicated to just livescope and it’s fantastic.