Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    Jason Christie did the same thing at the Hartwell classic. It's hard to think clearly with that much money on the line.
    Then when you've been killing them all week on something you convince yourself that they couldn't have changed that much overnight and they're about to fire off.
    Hell Ive done it several times in 2k top prize tourneys. Be on them good the day before then it's 2hrs till weigh in and I've got dry livewells still sticking to what worked yesterday and not today.
    your knot sticking them are you?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I find it funny a bunch of amateurs think they know more than the pros.
    Yes I an an amateur but have over 50 yrs experience. I forgot more than KVD knows.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnags View Post
    Yes I an an amateur but have over 50 yrs experience. I forgot more than KVD knows.
    I have gone to Michigan five times and caught way more fish on some waters than KVD has ever caught there in his entire lifetime.

However I am on the long list including all of the early inhabitants and everybody else that has ever plucked a fish from those waters in the History of the World because Kevin hasn't shown up to fish there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post

When is Tony 2 Spoons going to the elites?
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

6. Member
    you don't know that the decision you are making is/was bad until after the fact so

They decide to stay with it, and it pays off = good decision. It does not pay off = bad decision

7. Member
    Swinging for the fences comes to mind! I just know that they are all better at it than me.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnags View Post

9. Member
    It was heartbreaking to watch Jason christy throw away the Hartwell classic “ sticking with the chatterbait ! when all he needed was a coupla fish to win ! I couldn’t believe he didn’t just pick up a worm or senko’ & put a couple in the livewell

10. Member
    I forget which OG Pro it was, but they said, "If you catching fish and that pattern turns off, and you can't figure out anything else, you go back to the original pattern." I've always remembered that and go by that. I think it's based on the premise that 100% of the fish don't turn off all at one time.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

11. Member
    If you were dominating like that up until the last day doing it, why would you go out there thinking you needed to change? If he had changed and then lost, this thread would be about "Why did he change what he was doing?"
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

12. Member
    You have to realize they are not better anglers than good local sticks. They just happen to have the resources to fish for a living and want to do it.I would not take the pay cut to do it. They make the same mistakes we all do. Back when info sharing was the standard I fished with a least a dozen of pros when there came here. I didn’t learn anything but got a lot of free tackle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123