TDC is kicking my behind PLEASE HELP

I am working on a Johnson 150HP Sync and link Adjustments:

S/N: J150ELANC
    Service Manual: P/N 508286
    I really need some dumb down by the number instructions:

1. Start at the 20 degree mark past TDC
    2. Insert Piston stop. #1 spark plug hole (But How do you complete this correctly, should you be ale to turn the flywheel in a CW motion at this point?)

Should I be tighten the stop tool just once?

Video's and pictures are my speed but all help will be appreciated!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Rotating the motor past TDC will put you in the ATDC scale. You can use the encoder marks or if you don't have enough marks, use a different degree or make a mark. This will let you rotate the motor. Yes tighten the tool once. The explanation I sent you will work, just reverse the BTDC and the ATDC. PM sent.
    Last edited by 316jughead; 02-27-2021 at 10:46 AM.

3. Member
    Ok and THANK YOU. one more thing to insure I'm doing this correctly. On the easy timer i ONLY get power to the device when connected to the battery? Is this correct?When setting IDLE Timing should the CYL light be ON or OFF..... The SYNC light same questionWhen setting Maximum Spark Advance should the CYL light be ON or OFF..... The SYNC light same questionOn my three attempts the SYNC light remained on and ONLY the CYL light would be off for both IDLE/Max Spark

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldOAK View Post
    Ok and THANK YOU. one more thing to insure I'm doing this correctly. On the easy timer i ONLY get power to the device when connected to the battery? Is this correct?When setting IDLE Timing should the CYL light be ON or OFF..... The SYNC light same questionWhen setting Maximum Spark Advance should the CYL light be ON or OFF..... The SYNC light same questionOn my three attempts the SYNC light remained on and ONLY the CYL light would be off for both IDLE/Max Spark
    Please read the Timer instructions, all your questions are explained in the instructions. The sync light will be on all but once, and is not used in setting the timing. Please communicate with me on E-Bay, as I no longer want to be active on this forum. Thank you.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 316jughead View Post
    Please read the Timer instructions, all your questions are explained in the instructions. The sync light will be on all but once, and is not used in setting the timing. Please communicate with me on E-Bay, as I no longer want to be active on this forum. Thank you.

Art will miss you and so will other people me included.

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Art will miss you and so will other people me included.
    So will I.

Art,
    I will miss you expertise in this forum as well and thank you for sharing your years of knowledge with the readers.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Art,
    I will miss you expertise in this forum as well and thank you for sharing your years of knowledge with the readers.

Art is still here, Jerry said he no longer wishes to be part of this forum. If that is his choice, I wish him well.

9. Member
    what happened there??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Art is still here, Jerry said he no longer wishes to be part of this forum. If that is his choice, I wish him well.
    Whoops, my words are met to be said for Jerry.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.