Water or Condensation in ETEC lower unit

I was hoping someone out there can tell me there thoughts on some discoloration of the oil that came out of my lower unit the other day. I changed the oil in September of last year and since then I have done a decent amount of fishing multiple times a week throughout late November and December up until the actual lake froze over. A lot of times the windchill was running close to zero degrees. I changed the fluid again the other night and it was almost a Carmel color. I have never seen a oil sheen in the water when the motor is submerged and never had water coming out of the lower unit before. What are the chances of this coloration is due to condensation in your all’s opinion? I also have a picture of it also. I have ran the boat 3 times since discovering it and only one of those times was wide open. Thoughts would be appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    You have water in your lower unit. You need to get it checked out.

3. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar

4. Member
    after you change the lower unit oil,check the next day to see if any oil is on the ground.that is not a pretty picture you have posted.if you cannot find any leaks,cracks, or damage to the outside unit itself i would check the propeller shaft bearing and seals.
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

5. Member
    Thanks for the input guys. After i changed the oil i ran have ran the motor at wide open throttle once and idled just one other time. I still havent seen any signs of oil in the water and or the floor of my garage. Wednesday morning im going to have it drained and pressure tested so im hoping for good news. thanks again everyone.