Chickahomany river ??

Lookin for info on where I can safely run and where I can't.

Thanks
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    Lookin for info on where I can safely run and where I can't.

Thanks
    For the most part, the Chick is safe to run staying in the center of the waterway. However, there are a couple of exceptions: 1. Watts Point at Diascund extends out and catches/holds debris sometimes. 2. Entrance into Diascund Creek has a barge wreck at the entrance. 3. Just to the north of Watts Point where the docks extend out into the river, the west side of that stretch gets skinny all the way around Wilcox Neck. 4. There are barge wrecks all along the river but are marked on mapping cards and paper charts. 5. Creeks should be idled into until you get a feel for each one - they all have silted in mouths and each have their nuances. The same can be said for all flats.

BL: Use the channel markers, a good chart, and common sense and you’ll be fine. Remember, the Chick is tidal.

3. Member
    Thanks
    Semper Fi

4. Member
    Like he said. You can run from the Dam to the James no problem staying in the center of the river. Some creeks can be ran but you should go slow until your comfortable and have graph tracks. Much easier once the vegetation grows in

S/F
    YJHAMMER 11
    Hollywood MD
    2019 Skeeter FX21LE