Pulling wire through V20

Guys, I am mounting a new (additional) graph at the front of my V20. I am trying to pull in (from stern to bow) a dedicated Sonarpros power cable setup for a graph and also a Livevu. What a bitch is all I can say.... I cannot get the giant connections through the tube that feeds from the battery area to the port rod locker. I am hanging up in the space next to the rear storage compartment/passenger seat area.

Does anyone know if these will even fit? I have a fish tape and it was easy to feed in there, but pulling back out w/ the cables is another story.

2. Scraps
    Different boat, but I used the fiberglass electrician's fishing sticks and "pushed" the cables through from the starboard rod locker to the bilge area. I can't imagine using a fish tape but seems like you did OK.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    Harbor Freight has the fiberglass rods. Could be foam hanging you up?

4. Member
    Should have some pull cords left when the boat was made.wrap the plug in electrical tape to help it pull through

No need to go through the tube. You can simply bypass the tube and secure the harness to to the tube via zipties to retain factory look and not have wires hand down into the rod locker.
    2019 920 Phoenix
    GSU Bass Fishing Team Alumni
    palmertrentfx4@gmail.com

6. Member
    Make sure the end of cable is tapered and stager cable ends behind each other then wrapped with electric tape to form a smooth tapered point if two cables are pulled at once.

7. Member
    all good points. I think i'm doing it right. i did drill a hole in the port storage box and can feel where it's hung up but still cannot figure out why. It really feels like it might just not be big enough for that huge connector.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    all good points. I think i'm doing it right. i did drill a hole in the port storage box and can feel where it's hung up but still cannot figure out why. It really feels like it might just not be big enough for that huge connector.
    Did you get it figured out?