Where to go? Keansville butler chain toho

Down here with the family and have a guide trip booked with Brent Nelson next week. My question is what's the best chance at a trophy fish right now near the orlando area.

2. Member
    Whats your definition of trophy? shiner fishing or artificial? All of those lakes are more then capable of producing fish over 10 lbs. If you like sight fishing or just a really cool set of lakes then I would go to the Butler chain. Each lake on the chain fishes a little different and they range from almost clear water with great sight fishing to almost panic color normal Florida water and cypress trees. I've never fished Keansville but have some friends that have and they say when the bite is right, it is an amazing fishery, but its all about timing. And Lake Toho/Kissimmee Chain of lakes is again about timing and figuring out which lake is producing best on any given day. Personally I would do Butler Chain, then Kenansville, then Toho. But thats only because Ive fished Toho a bunch of times.

3. Member
    Thanks for the advice, I don't have unrealistic expectations but would rather concentrate my efforts after bigger fish. My idea of a trophy is the 10 lb range but I know they don't happen every day.

4. Member
    Best advice is go with the Lake your Guide feels the most comfortable in, the one he has been fishing on the most, then you will have the best chance at the trophy fish you are after.
    If you throw him for a loop on a lake he hasn't been on recently or that he does not fish often, you are basically paying him to search fish.

5. Member
    Most importantly, catch and release.
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

6. Member
    Do what the guide says to do. Tell him what you want and hint that there would be a nice tip involved...then let him decide. They all share info. And he will know more than anybody.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.