Anybody using Cush-it rod ends for balancing?

Looking to balance a couple NRX rods a 894 and 854. I saw an old post that someone had mentioned using Cush-it rod ends with washers inside to balance rods. Anyone use them?

No, they are too bulky for me. I've balanced several rods using rubber chair leg caps, cheap and you can get from most any hardware store.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by erico View Post
    No, they are too bulky for me. I've balanced several rods using rubber chair leg caps, cheap and you can get from most any hardware store.
    this is what I would do too. Add washers in the cap to add more weight if needed
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

4. Member
    Those look like the clumsiest thing ever

5. Member
    Ok thank you! I am going with the chair cap route. I may pick up a couple of those cush-it caps anyways for the kayak because they float

6. Member
    I did 3 of my Nrx rods with the cush-it and washers. At first I didn't like them but after a couple of trips I got used to them and I like them now. I think they look better than the chair legs also IMO.

7. Member
    2 quarters on the 854 with a 16 Metanium balance is great. Feels much lighter and airy tip up
    9DF97B53-8140-4EB9-8628-0D69C14CD3A8.jpeg

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by erico View Post
    ^^this^^....add a quarter or two inside if needed.

Use either a rubber chair leg cap or an old black plastic 35 mm film container, which is what I prefer.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments