2004 522 and new motorguide

I have a 2004 522 with a 50 inch older model motorguide tour. I am wondering if anyone is running the new spot lock tour pro on a 522 and if the 45 in shaft is long enough. My current motorguide doesn't slide down all the way to head now because it won't stow on the mount so the most I get is about 36 inches of shaft from deployed top,to motor.
    Thanks for any insight.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I’ve never owned a 522, but I have owned 22-foot bass boats, and I would always put a 50 or 52-inch trolling motor on a boat that size. The bigger boats excel at open-water applications, which tend to have not only bigger waves but also bigger wakes from bigger boats around you. Thus, the longer tm shaft. If you happen to use your 522 for strictly close-range, extremely shallow-water fishing, a case might be made for the shorter shaft, because shorter trolling motors are less of a hazard on side-arm casts under docks and trees. Bottom line, it’s the old “if you have it [more trolling motor depth], you can use it, but if you don’t have it you *can’t* use it” argument.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    I have owned two Ranger 522's and a 45 in shaft is not long enough. I would say a shaft of 48-52 inch is good for this boat I currently have a 2013 Z522 with an old mg motor at 48 in and is fine most of the time but wish it was alittle longer in rough water