Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishballer06 View Post
    My father and I have hunted with the 270WSM since it came out in the early 00's. The one thing that I've felt held this round back was a barrel twist rate fast enough to handle a heavier bullet than a traditional 270 bullet (150g). So this should be the answer to that. Hopefully this means they start offering barrels with a faster twist rate for the WSM round as well. I think there's definitely a demand for longer range, flatter shooting bullets out there, that offer a larger caliber without being a magnum cartridge. Hopefully this cartridge does well.

Winchester actually did this one right. Production rifles for this rifle are still in the pre-order stage (only a few have actually trickled out to market so far. However, they have had the ammo for this rifle for sale and its readily available since they released this cartridge. So if you know you want this rifle, you can buy the ammo now before you even get the rifle.

Hornady kinda did the same thing when they released the 6mm ARC. Manufacturers are starting to catch on finally.
    Not around here, there is nothing on the shelves but maybe some 12 Gauge skeet loads!!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    barrel twist rates are also what held the 25-06 back from heavier bullets.
    According to my local gunsmith that I use, there's three new 25 caliber cartridges coming out soon that will finally allow us to shoot some heavier 25 caliber bullets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12