Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I read a lot and rarely meet anyone using a Powermania charger. This device has a lithium battery charging profile and I am happy with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I am not trying to post misinformation. I can't find any place on the minnkota website that says there chargers are designed for charging lithium batteries or even recommended for lithium. Can you post a link?

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scubatelco View Post
    I am not trying to post misinformation. I can't find any place on the minnkota website that says there chargers are designed for charging lithium batteries or even recommended for lithium. Can you post a link?
    https://www.minnkotamotors.com/suppo...igital-charger

4. Member
    Which model charger and what batteries are you using and what are you monitoring it with? Thanks Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by ttt18 View Post
    I read a lot and rarely meet anyone using a Powermania charger. This device has a lithium battery charging profile and I am happy with it.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    From what I have read, charging cycles is can affect long term life. So if you fish for a day and the state of charge is say 70%, don't charge it for the next trip and run the battery down a little more before you recharge ( unless you are going to need more for that trip) .
    I have 2 old school battery chargers that I had long before I ever had an on onboard charger. I just connect to my starting battery with the alligator clips when I only want to charge. Luckily my battery is very accessible so it takes me about 20 seconds to hook it up and turn it on

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Well, the sponsors here selling lithium say precision is fine.
    and it is....we recommend the precsion for our Impulse lithiums provided its on the agm setting or a Power Pole CHARGE.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    From what I have read, charging cycles is can affect long term life. So if you fish for a day and the state of charge is say 70%, don't charge it for the next trip and run the battery down a little more before you recharge ( unless you are going to need more for that trip) .
    I have 2 old school battery chargers that I had long before I ever had an on onboard charger. I just connect to my starting battery with the alligator clips when I only want to charge. Luckily my battery is very accessible so it takes me about 20 seconds to hook it up and turn it on
    Not sure what you are saying... A charge cycle counts as 1 cycle when you drain the battery to close to its zero SOC and charge it to full. Recharging at 70% does not use a whole cycle. In this case about 30%. In fact not letting it get run down far adds to the life of Lithium batteries.70% is better than 50% or less. There is a breakoff at about 20% if you don't go below 20% for the life of the battery you may gain as many as 1000 cycles over running it down close to zero each time. Bob

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Which model charger and what batteries are you using and what are you monitoring it with? Thanks Bob
    I am using a Powermania Turbo M220V2 charger for two LiFePO4 batteries, 80 Ah each. I collected the batteries myself, it's not difficult to assemble, you need to have LiFePO4 cells, bms and a suitable case. We buy all components in China. If you assemble the battery yourself, the cost of one 80 Ah battery is $ 250-300.
    I control the discharge and charge of the battery through the TK-15 coulometer, it is convenient to observe the remaining charge on the screen, depending on the load on the trolling motor.

9. Member
    Very nice setup! I have been avoiding the chargers with varied outputs to lower batteries, but most of then are way underpowered. The Powermania units have some hefty outputs and the profile for LiFo batteries sounds ideal. I probably will not need my coulometer but it interesting to observe. I have 100 Ah batteries X 3 for my trolling motor I use a Minn Kota 460 PC charger that works fine but if replacement is needed a Power mania M440 sounds like a good choice.(I also have a 75Ah electronics battery). Bob

10. Member
    Has anyone come up with a great quick disconnect idea for the chargers to the batteries?

11. Member
    Interesting, Bass Pro / Cabela's website states "NOTE: External battery balancers such as Dual Pro B.O.S. and the PowerPole charge are not recommended for Lithium batteries."

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/trac...-battery-green

12. Member
    I can't find that note. Were you in the battery pages or the charger pages?

13. Member
    I can't find that note. Were you in the battery pages or the charger pages?
    Click "show more" on the description in the link provided.

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 6.41.28 PM.png

14. Member
    Strange there is nothing on Duel pro stating BOSS cant do lithium. The app has a lithium setting.

15. Member
    Strange there is nothing on Duel pro stating BOSS cant do lithium. The app has a lithium setting.
    If you read the Q&A section on that web page, someone asked about it and a very vague answer was given. My guess is that either its misinformation, or that it has something to do with the "battery balancing function" of those chargers shifting charge around (<= thats a totally uneducated, uninformed guess though).

16. Member
    There is a another Charge post just input with Lithium issues now.

17. Member
    Has anyone come up with a great quick disconnect idea for the chargers to the batteries?
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CSKB9C3...FRPJ6906MB3MFQ. I'm going to consider something like this when I decide to get some lithiums.

18. Member
    The XT90 connector is often used, there are sales on aliexpress https://aliexpress.ru/item/400005149...00000115016315

19. Member
    This company sells very high quality premade harnesses with quick disconnects. I use the 36 volt model with the battery charger leads, simple to install and easy to remove the batteries. Seems expensive but unless you are willing to use poor quality knockoff connectors, terminals, wire etc., while paying yourself minimum wage........

https://www.amazon.com/Connect-Ease-...4662781&sr=8-8

20. Member
    That's pretty cool, but I am not sure I want the jumper included in the disconnect.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast