Question PowerPole Charge Question?

I see a lot of reviews on the PP Charge. The thing is most of them I see are about the Charge and all lithiums or all lithiums and a non lithium starter battery. Does anyone have any experience or reviews on it without lithium batteries? Reason I'm asking, broke the charger and need to get another. Trying to see if it is worth it for regular batteries, or should I just go back with a regular charger. Thanks for the replies!!!

2. Member

Pretty sure most average guys that have it are using lead acid batteries. If you are talking pros then yes most have lithium now. If you are hard on your batteries then yes it will be worth it.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    ran my personal one on AGMs straight across the board before i switched to lithium no issues works as advertised no matter what kind of battery type be it flodded agm or lithium. Good luck finding one however..

5. Member
    Are they sold out? Hard to come by? Backorder? Why the good luck?

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpadge View Post
    Are they sold out? Hard to come by? Backorder? Why the good luck?
    all the above...

This depends on the motor you are running and the maximum output of the alternator, very few actually understand these types of systems and what they can or cannot do in regard to charging, I will not use any of as they are just a expensive option that do very little good in most bass boat systems and are something else to fail. When we have 100 amp alternators available I will start using one of them

If your system can not keep the cranking battery fully charged, there is no way it can help 2 or 3 more trolling motor battery stay charged. The math simply does not work
    Thank You Leon Pugh

8. Member
    They Charge works with all battery types. Most pros use lithium batteries with the Charge. However, the Charge is designed to work with Lithium or Non-Lithium systems, so go for it. I plan to get a Charge in the next few months, but first order of business is the Garmin Livescope--all $2500 of it. Any experience with the Livescope? Or any advice or tips?

9. Member
    so how much does the charge system cost ?
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

Count me in as a fan of the charge. I run 3x12” Garmins plus LiveScope, Poles, charging Speaker and phone and a GoPro, live wells. I use 3 x 50ah and 1 125ah Ionics.
    last summer I fished Pickwick 5 straight days, 4 prefishing and 1 tournament day, modest runs, graphing time and fishing time in the current. With the Charge and Ionics I did not plug in my boat a single time. Yep... love my set up!
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

11. Member
    What exactly does the charge system do?

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    What exactly does the charge system do?
    https://www.power-pole.com/charge
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

13. Member
    Thanks for all of the input folks. Making the plunge, just have to wait for availability!!

14. Member
    Bought one and installed it about a month ago. From my initial trips, performed exactly as what I was hoping for. You won't be disappointed.

15. Member
    Have a Charge 3 Ionic 50ah and lead acid cranking (waiting for it to die to upgrade). Issue I have is single 125ah battery for electrics, will not charge from ac, I moved it to charge in place of cranking battery, for testing, and it still won’t charge on ac (plugged in) but when I unlpug it, it starts charging (from the Charge on DC).

16. Member
    I have a PP Charge, 3 50AH Ionics for the TM, and a 125AH Ionic running everything 12v, including 2-12 inch solix's, 1 -Garmin 126, livescope, 2 power poles...... I have yet to run the batteries down. After tournaments including some motoring around, I typically pull in to the dock with 90+% Charge! This season I plan to not plug in at all!!!

17. Member
    One thing that I will warn you about - don't get so comfortable and skip the charging. When a lithium goes to sleep, it can cause you some stress. I now just charge my lithiums after every outing... Learn from my mistake LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by becomer View Post
    Have a Charge 3 Ionic 50ah and lead acid cranking (waiting for it to die to upgrade). Issue I have is single 125ah battery for electrics, will not charge from ac, I moved it to charge in place of cranking battery, for testing, and it still won’t charge on ac (plugged in) but when I unlpug it, it starts charging (from the Charge on DC).
    Try different outlet and different extension cord. If the ground prong on the cord is bad the power pole charge won’t work correctly.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright