Can I link a Gen 1 Helix 9 Si with a G3n or g4n unit?

I have a Gen 1 Helix 9 SI unit and was looking at a g3n or a g4n helix 7 for the front. Can I link them? If so What would i need?

Yes, all first generation Helix 9, 10, and 12 are networkable.

A Helix needs the AS EC QDE Ethernet Adapter to connect an Ethernet cable to them for the quick disconnect feature with cable collector.
    Then you need an Ethernet cable==AS EC 20E is the 20' version, there are several lengths available.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but I am in a similar situation. From my understanding you will be able to share waypoints, however if you are trying to share Chirp 2d or Mega imaging from say a built minn kota transducer you will not be able to share that with the g1 at the dash. I don't know if that was in your plans, but just thought I would mention it just in case. That is how I understand it anyway. I'm sure if I am wrong , someone more knowledgeable than me will correct me.

4. Member
    If looking at Helix 7s, I think the latest network capable models are G3N. Sharing sonar information is limited between those two generations but no problem with waypoints.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Member
    You will need an adapter for each unit. Then the Ethernet cable.