Swimming / cranking a worm

this is on my hit list this year to learn to fish it so tell me if my thinking is right on how to fish it, 1/16oz or less no peg chuck it out let hit bottom and slow roll it back. i have a few question thou- is this a better cold or warm water bait, is there a brand of worm that works better than other ( bought a few bags of Bitters to start with), color wise i am thinking watermelon and black blue, and i guess anything else i should think about

I've caught them from lower/mid 50's degree water up in Spring to down in fall. Colder water fish them slower. Weight depends on wind, cover, and mood. I even put them on swim jigs and underpins. Color to match the water/forage.
    To fish or not to fish?
    What stupid question.

3. Member
    I like the owner pivot rig for this. I swap out weights and hooks. Producto makes a good swim worm. Also bass assassin. Charlie's worms. Color wise, never go wrong with junebug. Won my first tournament by swimming a Arkansas shiner bass assassin worm.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

I'll swim Trick Worms and Robo Worms sometimes fishing post-spawn fish. I like to use a 1/8 oz Charlie Brewer Spider Pro head as that time of year the fish are typically in water 10-20 feet deep and that 1/8 oz will get down there, but not too fast. Some days it is a great way to catch fish and it is a presentation the bass don't see a whole lot of.

5. Member
    Slider worms, jeez, the original swim worm.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    Slider worms, jeez, the original swim worm.
    Yeah old school. I think I have a bag or three around somewhere. So many worm brands to choose from these days.

7. Member
    you can also add one of those screw in spinner blades to the tail for added action
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

8. Banned
    Run one of these in a Sungill and a Hayabusa™ weighted hook and go slow when it is time to fish; increasing the speed of retrieval as it warms.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Zoom...age-ZMUSW.html

You can also move more water by hooking against the tail rather than barb/tail working in unison.

I'll swim a Zoom G tail alot

10. Member
    I love the Netbait Big Bopper
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

11. Member
    Zoom Speed Worm and Gambler Burner Worm are my favorites. I like to peg a 1/8 oz sinker and swim them around grass.

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I like a 3/16 tungsten and a Culprit 7” FattMaxx when I’m swimming a worm. The ribbontail just doesn’t get used as much around me anymore. Everyone throws a Zoom UVibe and they certainly catch fish! I usually have one of each rigged up. Around me the only colors you need are June Bug, Green Pumpkin, and Watermelon Red seed.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV