Wire data sharing on 93sv uhd

I was thinking about just wiring my two 93sv uhd up to do the data sharing using the blue and brown wires. One graph is at bow and one at consul. What kind of wire would I use to sync the graphs?

2. Member
    You cannot do it that way. Here is a link to the user manual https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...B6044F5D1.html

You can however connect them via a network cable pending that you do not have the network ports already occupied by a Livescope.

I wish we could use the 2 wires as that would free up the data port for live scope.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

So with todays networks and N2K what are the brown and blue data wires used for anymore?
    "The handicapped angler"

5. Member
    My owners Manuel says you can connect them that way. I was going to wire mine this week. Will this be a waste of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Basser100 View Post
    My owners Manuel says you can connect them that way. I was going to wire mine this week. Will this be a waste of time?
    Which Echomap unit do you have? The nonCHIRP and CHIRP units share user data via High Speed Protocol using the blue and brown wires, whereas the Plus, UHD, and Ultra units only share user data via ethernet.

With this said, all these units still have the blue and brown wires for NMEA0183 compatibility and devices, like VHF radios, NMEA0183 GPS antennas, etc.
    Garmin Pro Team

7. Member
    Will the chirp units share waypoints via the Ethernet port? Or do they only share via the blue and brown wires?
    Last edited by Vandee; 03-03-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandee View Post
    Will the chirp units share waypoints via the Ethernet port? Or do they only share via the blue and brown wires?
    No, on the CHIRP units this port is only for compatible Panoptix products. User data is only shared via the blue/brown wires.
    Garmin Pro Team

9. Member
    Well guess that means I’m returning the 93sv UHD.