Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Power Pole vs Minn kota Raptor?

What are your guys thoughts on the 2? More or less comparing the Raptor to the Pro Series or Blade? Was leaning towards power pole back when all Minn kota had was the Talon; until I saw the Raptor.

2. Member
    I don’t have either one. But the talons look real big and ugly to me.

3. Member
    I prefer the Talons other than how much they weigh...But that said, I'd take the Raptors. The Power Poles don't have the active anchoring that MK adapted from the Talons, and MK has stronger brackets, sealed electronics.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Power pole for the quality and the CUSTOMER SERVICE. Dang great company.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Power pole for the quality and the CUSTOMER SERVICE. Dang great company.
    I've got poles, but also hb units, and their customer service has been good as well.

6. Member
    Just stick with my poles... if I didn't have anything on the boat I'd definitely look at the raptors, but as mentioned above, the power pole service is about the best.

Every time this is brought up the guys that have Power Poles always talk about how good the Power Pole service is. I have never needed servicing on my Talon.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

8. Member
    If you have Humminbird units, or ever plan to go that way get the Raptors, otherwise, flip a coin.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    Every time this is brought up the guys that have Power Poles always talk about how good the Power Pole service is. I have never needed servicing on my Talon.
    same, still working like new
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

10. Member
    Both are basically the same thing. Probably nothing wrong with the raptor, but give me the proven company and product. Power pole customer service is second to none.

11. Member
    Wow guys. 9 replies with 3 of them saying "talons when the original post said power pole or raptor. Great job on not reading and just typing

Apparently you are comparing similar products, chose one by looks/ price/ or something else and if that choice is raptors let us know your feeling on them after a while. If you want the best it sounds like blades, and about not needing warranty? Use your boats more haha.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    I prefer the Talons other than how much they weigh...But that said, I'd take the Raptors. The Power Poles don't have the active anchoring that MK adapted from the Talons, and MK has stronger brackets, sealed electronics.

I have power poles. They’ve never let me down. I really don’t see the reason for the active anchoring. Not saying it’s bad, just never needed it. I’m sure it’s a good product, but my blades have been flawless.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

14. Member
    The overall design is better on the Raptors. Better brackets along with beefy hardware. They don’t flex like Power Pole do under a load. The AA is a great deal also when ur trying to fish on a windy day with boat traffic. One boat network is also a real great thing too!

Pricing wise there identical at end of day. We have sold a few sets of Raptors to people who are very happy. Personally I don’t really like the blades cause ur just paying more for a skinny girl at end of day if u went that route. Pumps and brackets are identical on them over a Pro Series 2

15. Member
    I think the guys saying talons are just saying they don't have to worry about customer service cause they've never had a problem. I've had 12' talons for 6 years now and never had an issue. 2 ways to think of it ...if you're telling me I should worry about c.s. you're telling me I'm buying something that's gonna break.......or you can look at it like everything mechanical is eventually gonna need work.

16. Banned
    id rather not need customer service myself

I have Blades and my buddy has Raptors. The Raptors are Blades on steroids. If you run HB electronics, get the Raptors. If not, get which ever one you can get a deal on.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boone2004 View Post
    Wow guys. 9 replies with 3 of them saying "talons when the original post said power pole or raptor. Great job on not reading and just typing

only mention of talons was that they have good customer service and quality and are from the maker of the raptors???
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Power pole has new brackets, and yes there customer service will keep me buying them.

I have never needed warranty but I have done a few things that were my fault. They covered it. That is CS.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Power Pole CS does more than just issues with their products. For instance they will rebuild clean and rebuild your pumps for free, help with product selection and walk you through installation.

They have some of the best CS in the industry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast