Depth shading on Carbon help, colors don't match the palette

I have a Lowrance Carbon with the included Enhanced C-Map. The depth shading doesn't seem to work like I would expect it to.

Just updated the software which conveniently reset my settings....but the stock ones don't seem to work either. Here is how it loaded them after the update.

From this I would expect that 0-5 is red, 5-10 orange, 10-20 yellow, 20-40 green, 75-150 light blue, but instead I get this (0-10 red, 10-20 Orange, 20-50 Green, 50+ light blue):

Is it me or is the graph borked?

I watched some youtube video's on this a few weeks ago. I would look at some of those for some help. If I recall, there is something that needs done with opacity.

3. Member
    Do a search on here about that. Roy Barrow from Wacky Riggers shared some really good tips on shading and how to set it up. I'll try and look for it as well.

4. Member
    I am searching for Roy's stuff now. I did watch a bunch of videos and try the opacity. The part that confuses me the most is that it seems to follow 10' or 5' steps randomly regardless of what I put in for values.

5. Member
    I followed https://www.wackyriggers.com/Training/Videos on shading.

Mine never follow his. I can however set it to match colors in 10' contours. Perhaps it is the included map not allowing less than 10' contours?

6. Member
    Ok, so I downloaded the Genesis Social Map and indeed it was the map. Shading works as expected on it. Odd that the finder included a 1' contour map that doesn't work with shading.

...so now the million dollar question of which map/s to buy.

7. Member
    The only built-in maps that work with color shading are the new units that have the Contour+ maps installed.
    ciao,
    Marc

8. Member
    I have the Precision Contour HD. It may be different and I think thats what Roy's videos are specific to. They have only completed a handful of states.

9. Member
    Yes, the Precision Contour HD, C-Map Genesis, and C-Map Social Maps can be color shaded as desired. Built in maps can also be color shaded but only if they are the new Contour+ maps.
    ciao,
    Marc

10. Member
    Thanks Marc.

11. Member
    Navionics maps will do color contour also correct, with up to date update?
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823