Question about map sharing on Gen3

I have HDS9 Gen3 console and HDS12 Gen3 bow with Ethernet connection, both units running 7.0. In the past, I had a problem with the units strutting and freezing when trying to pull a large navonics card across the network. I have a work around but was wondering if I put a C-Map Contour+ card in the bow unit and a Navonics card in the console, would it still try to pull the map card data across the network? Each unit would be set to read it’s installed card.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

2. Member
    There is no data transferred unless you choose the map in unit A as mapping on unit B.

3. Member
    Each map card will be AVAILABLE to share. If you select the inserted map on each unit, there will be no data moving across the network so it seems it would accomplish what you want. More important question is why did the freezing occur? I always ran one Navionics card in my console unit and never had any issues like you are describing. Weird. Not that it matters but I had my units updated to the most recent software too. But that shouldn't have anything to do with data sharing over Ethernet.

NoCAL

Haha, TC and I have dueling fingers!
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

4. Scraps
    I have the same setup and haven't had this problem. I'd want to find the root cause of the problem - if there is a problem.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Thanks Guys.
    The problem started when I went from a Navonics + South card (9.8 GB) to a new Navonics + USA/Canada (28.4 GB).
    The most frequent problem occurred on boot up when the bow unit was trying to pull the data from the card on the console. I went through several hours of diagnosis before deciding this was the problem. I deleted everything on the USA/Canada card and only downloaded the region I fish and the problem went away.
    I have recently added SS3D and was thinking of updating to the latest but am hesitant because of problems my friend had with 18.2. His setup is exactly like mine and he could only get them to operate consistently on 7.0.
    From reading here, my impression is that some Gen3’s just don’t like 18.2.

6. Member
    Are you connected with network cable or nmea?
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

7. Member
    And FYI, my Gen3 12 didnt like the 18 version, I had to roll it and my SS3D to an older sw version.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by Jav400SDC View Post
    Are you connected with network cable or nmea?
    both but the maps are shared on the Ethernet network. I just use NMEA for the point-1.