Motor Height /Prop Recommendations

I recently purchased a 2019 PT 195 TXW with a Mercury 115 ProXS. It just doesn’t seem to have the get up and go I feel it should. Motor is down as far as it will go and running a Laser II 22p. Holeshot is ok, max speed is 44 @ 5900 rpm with one person (190 lbs), standard fishing equipment load, 3 batteries, empty live well, and 3/4 tank of fuel. If that’s all it’s got, that’s fine, just thought I’d ask people experienced with these boats/motors.

This is my first Tracker, so I’d like to get some opinions on the motor height and/or prop size/type. It originally came with a 21p aluminum prop then the previous owner put on the Laser II 22p. I’m wondering if raising the motor one hole would be worth the effort. Before anyone asks, I do not know the prop-to-pad distance; I need to get to the boat this weekend and measure, but what is typical for this boat while keeping it safe from loss of water pressure?

Any information would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks, Paul
    2019 Tracker PT 195 TXW
    2019 Mercury 115 Pro XS

2. Member
    Im in the second hole with a 19p 3 blade stainless running 47-52 depending on load. I have the standard gearcase running 6300rpms really need a 20p ...im guessing the 22p with the motor on the first hole is turning low rpms

3. Member
    Thanks for the response Dharr, I appreciate it. Sounds like I probably need to move up one hole and then I think I’ll go with a 20p with some cupping. How’s the holeshot with your MW 19p? How are turns at mid-range speeds....any slip?

Also, I saw in another thread you have the port console and I’m looking at getting one.....Do you happen to know the specific part # for it? I’m getting different numbers from Bass Pro.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Dharr View Post
    Im in the second hole with a 19p 3 blade stainless running 47-52 depending on load. I have the standard gearcase running 6300rpms really need a 20p ...im guessing the 22p with the motor on the first hole is turning low rpms
    2019 Tracker PT 195 TXW
    2019 Mercury 115 Pro XS

4. Member
    Mid range is good i do either have to trim up or down from ideal trim when cornering or i do slip...up is strange. I do hit the rev limiter occasionally if i dont pay attention. I do porpoise with 2 people at low speeds. My prop to pad is 4.75. picked up a spitfire x7 plan on running it and probably raising up another hole. As for the port console I didnt find a model number went through the bass pro shops in washington and had it shipped to cabelas near me.

5. Member
    Thanks for the info Dan. Funny, I think I just bought the same prop you did from a Props4sale listing! I sure hope I can push that 21p. I’m in Texas, so as soon as I receive it, I’ll be testing it. I’ll let you know what I think....

Mid range is good i do either have to trim up or down from ideal trim when cornering or i do slip...up is strange. I do hit the rev limiter occasionally if i dont pay attention. I do porpoise with 2 people at low speeds. My prop to pad is 4.75. picked up a spitfire x7 plan on running it and probably raising up another hole. As for the port console I didnt find a model number went through the bass pro shops in washington and had it shipped to cabelas near me.
    2019 Tracker PT 195 TXW
    2019 Mercury 115 Pro XS

6. Member
    You did the guy was local i just drive 5 minutes and picked it up...you got the small plug pvs plugs....my mw prop was getting 6400 often im hoping it'll hit 6000 and if I need to move the merc up one more hole...you'll know before i do though im iced in for another month or so

7. Member
    Not sure about the 195 but most of us with 190’s are running 3rd hole from the top! Makes a huge difference.
    2018 TRACKER PT 190 TX
    115 MERCURY PRO XS 4 STROKE
    Mercury spitfire X7 prop
    Vessel View mobile Installed
    2= Garmin ecomap 93sv plus
    Ram swing arm mount (console)
    Dek-it Bow mount (Bow)
    57" garmin force
    Supreme Ultimate Bunkboards
    3 Leaf 3000# leaf spring upgrade

8. Member
    How did you move your motor? My dealer wants $300...i walked mine up by using the bolts and tipping side to side but it was almost a disaster by myself...

9. Member
    Get the tool made for lifting, and an engine hoist or tree limb. You will be glad you did

10. Member
    A 19" pitch 4 blade stainless, with the motor mounted in the 3rd hole from the top seems to do the best on that motor and hull. If you wanted better speed you should have got the 150hp or stayed with the Tracker 190 with a 115. The 195 is a big boat for a 115 to push around.

11. Member
    I raised my Mercury 115 Pro XS by making a lifting ring as shown in this thread: DIY lifting Ring for 2017 Mercury 75/90/115 engine cost $2.02

I used my Little Giant Ladder and a come-a-along to lift and hold the motor in place then used trailer jack to move the transom into position. Safe for one person and worked like a charm.

IMG_1868.JPG
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

12. Member
    I do like the ladder, but didn't have one so I used my engine hoist.

Can't go wrong with the proper lifting tool, and it also removes the flywheel Mercury Mariner Flywheel Puller 91-849154T1 Lift Ring, with 91-90455-1 Lifting Eye $16.97
    41fvvlrHbuL._AC_SY450_.jpg

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    A 19" pitch 4 blade stainless, with the motor mounted in the 3rd hole from the top seems to do the best on that motor and hull. If you wanted better speed you should have got the 150hp or stayed with the Tracker 190 with a 115. The 195 is a big boat for a 115 to push around.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Got a heck of a deal on the boat (used), with all the electronics (Solix 12, Solix 10, Ultrex, Powerpoles) but I didn’t have a choice on the motor, so I’m just trying to make it the best it can be with the expertise on this site. I thought the 22p was too much for this combo.
    2019 Tracker PT 195 TXW
    2019 Mercury 115 Pro XS

14. Member
    I haven’t yet. But it is definitely a 2 person job.

How did you move your motor? My dealer wants $300...i walked mine up by using the bolts and tipping side to side but it was almost a disaster by myself...
    2019 Tracker PT 195 TXW
    2019 Mercury 115 Pro XS

15. Member
    Engine hoist with a lifting ring at the top of the motor, very easy to do by myself.

16. Member
    Ran the 21p x7 today had to pull the pvs plugs to get good hole shot. Ran 46.7 at 5900-6000 rpms with full load 3/4 tank of gas. definetly going to raise the motor to the third hole when i get time. If no improvement I guess ill be looking for a 19p x7. The handling was unreal compated to the mw prop no blowouts at all.