Sportsman, pro series and blades

What’s the difference between the 3? Would I be disappointed if I went with a sportsman instead of the blades?

2. Member
    My opinion is yes as I was going to purchase the Sportsmen until K& K Kustoms messaged me then he went over all the and I went with the Blades. I am sure he will chime in and he provides great service and advice.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10

3. Scraps
    I'll tell my story. My new boat, was supposed to have Blades, but when I showed for pickup it had the PIIs. I had a quick turnaround so I took the boat. To this day I swear all I see on that boat are those PIIs and I don't like the look of them. The Blades look much better, but they also work better is what I've been told, faster, quieter, etc. So, yes, I bet you'd be disappointed. The newer PIIs are made to look like the Blades, but don't work as well as the Blades.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I'll tell my story. My new boat, was supposed to have Blades, but when I showed for pickup it had the PIIs. I had a quick turnaround so I took the boat. To this day I swear all I see on that boat are those PIIs and I don't like the look of them. The Blades look much better, but they also work better is what I've been told, faster, quieter, etc. So, yes, I bet you'd be disappointed. The newer PIIs are made to look like the Blades, but don't work as well as the Blades.
    during the 2.0 redesign power poles intention was not to make them look like blades, when they went to 2.0 they drilled the rails to reduce weight on them and make them now the lightest pole in the series. It still has an exposed spike, doesnt have the new redesigned stern bracket, etc therefore IMO looks nothing like the blade series. Do they look better w the holes in the rails , for sure yes. There are a ton of great features that makes a blade a blade hence the price difference.
    Kinder. Why didnt you make them swap them out, my guess is they couldnt get blades at the time so tried to push it out with what they had?
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 02-25-2021 at 06:59 AM.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Anyone wanting to know the differences in models id be happy to explain it in a phone call 607 467 5700. It would be way to much to type here..
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 02-25-2021 at 07:01 AM.

6. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    during the 2.0 redesign power poles intention was not to make them look like blades, when they went to 2.0 they drilled the rails to reduce weight on them and make them now the lightest pole in the series. It still has an exposed spike, doesnt have the new redesigned stern bracket, etc therefore IMO looks nothing like the blade series. Do they look better w the holes in the rails , for sure yes. There are a ton of great features that makes a blade a blade hence the price difference.
    Kinder. Why didnt you make them swap them out, my guess is they couldnt get blades at the time so tried to push it out with what they had?
    I was driving to KY to pickup and then back to PA. I didn't want to wait - one of many misjudgements I've made. Guess that's why I was in "KY." haha
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I was driving to KY to pickup and then back to PA. I didn't want to wait - one of many misjudgements I've made. Guess that's why I was in "KY." haha
    guessing they were counting on that and used that to there advantage..