Unhappy HELP WITH RANGER BOAT

All I can do is laugh at the horrible customer service I have received since I bought my new Ranger bassboat from Cabelas last year in Gonzales, LA. . It has been in the shop at Cabelas 6 times in the last year. Always horrible customer service. Short staffed is their excuse . The most recent issue, the floor carpet was peeling up so they ordered a new carpet for floor which it took 2 months to come in . Well... they removed the old carpet with out making sure they had the right carpet. They did not. It has been a month since they have had my boat. You can rarely get in touch with Ranger customer service and when you do they have no answers and do not call you back . Cabelas is clueless also. I have never in my life seen a company with worse customer service . They simply do not care. I got word today that it would be 13 weeks before they would ship the correct carpet . 13 weeks. And they can not answer why it will take so long. Has anyone had better luck with warranty work on a new Ranger ? Is there another avenue anyone can recommend to get his resolved or am I just screwed? The first several warranty claim issues I had with the boat I thought cableas was the problem . But after trying to deal with Ranger customer service the last couple of weeks I realize they do not care either.

2. Banned
    Not for anything but I personal wouldnt keep my boat there for months to get carpet repaired. Get the boat back and try another dealer, if it's the same bs, get sea deck to make you the section in the cockpit.

I have never heard of someone bragging about the great customer service after buying a Ranger at Cabelas. Just the opposite. There are many post on BBC from guys who have had the same horrible customer service experience as you. One possibility is to contact the regional Ranger sales rep. There used to be a Ranger rep for each area of the country, but they got fired shortly after BPS bought Ranger. So, it might be the same sales rep as the other WRMG boats.

You might get more help by putting this post in the Ranger Forum. John, the Ranger Forum moderator, has had some success helping people with serious customer service issues like yours.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Thank you brother. I am new to this . I will try that forum also.

5. Member
    I asked them today if I bring it to third party and pay to get it put in would they reimburse me. They said they would have to find out. I thought about sea deck as it is just the floor section but wasn't sure how that would look with the decks carpeted.

6. Member
    I hope you get it worked out, but I can tell you I am seeing the writing on the wall with Ranger under new ownership. I have tried to contact Ranger Parts at least a dozen times in the past 2-weeks. No answering system to leave a message for a call-back. Each time the phone either rings with no answer, or there is a recording that they are in a meeting and can’t answer the phone, or they are closed due to incliment weather. If getting parts is this difficult, I sure as heck do not want the troubles a new Ranger boat might bring. Good luck!! Hope you get it fixed.

7. Member
    Thanks bud. I appreciate it. I am sick to my stomach about it . All I have heard and experienced is bad things about their customer service too. I wish I would have researched more before I bought. My laziness. After giving a company that much money for a boat to get treated like that .. It just ain't right.

I don’t know what’s going on now, but 2 years ago they were one of the best a CS. I can understand things a little slower but what I’m hearing about them now is totally unacceptable and would keep me from buying a new one.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

Sucks but I would skip that Cabela’s in Lousyanna and try a dealership that sell Ranger boats. I’m sure they’ll give you better service than Cabela’s.

10. Banned
    It's funny, there has been several posts this year from guys praising ranger customer service and parts department... so I'm a little confused? Their either on the ball or they are not...

11. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    We don’t know any of the details of the OP’s contact with Ranger, primarily that a singular dealer has let him down. Nor do we know precisely what is wrong with the carpet, or what happened to it. There’s very little that anyone on this forum can do to make an individual dealer up his service game. But if there’s a warranty problem with the OP’s carpet—something that the Ranger factory can help with [assuming that the carpet *is* bad and that proper replacement carpet *is* available at this time]—I’m 100% confident they will take care of it. Much more detail is needed before assigning blame.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

12. Member
    I've had a great experience with my Ranger warranty work (took my aluminum and fiberglass in late 2020) at Cabela's in Allen, TX and great with my last Ranger at Cabela's in Fort Worth. I used to tell people all the time how good the customer service was at Cabela's. Since BPS bought them, however, I'm usually telling people the opposite.