Thread: Springsteen

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    I still don’t like him. Never liked him.
    I'm with you on this !!

Springsteen speaks his mind, walks the talk, sings about the common man, and makes great music. He speaks from the heart about where he grew up and places like it. His world is different than yours and mine and he's got different views than we do. Not hard to understand his politics from that perspective.

I don't hold it against him if he refused breath analyzer test so his BOC would be lower. This is common knowledge for many people and he chose a legal option available to him. So what? As they say, how many of us have on many occasions said something like "there but for the grace of God, go I?

And did I mention great music? One of my favorites: with some pretty good country yodeling:

2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BPenrod View Post
    So it's ok to drive buzzed or a little drunk, just not too drunk?
    Yep

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Quite possibly one of the most overrated singers ever....
    Slap on a black leather jacket on during the Fonzie era and watch your career take off.
    Last edited by Fishfinger; 02-25-2021 at 07:01 AM.

5. Member
    wonder how much it cost per point to reduce it. easily one of the worst voices of my generation.

6. Banned
    Guess there's a reason he's called "The Boss".

7. Member
    After reading all this. He still Sucks.

8. Member
    Not a fan of his music but he has written some powerful stuff.
    Red Sox in 6!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
    Thought Police watched him tip a bottle and then ride off? I mean drinking right in front of them do really have to blow anything lol?
    He took a shot with some fans and then sat on and started his motorcycle. An officer on foot patrol walked up to him.

I'm in favor of huge penalties for DWI; I like NYC's law where the can seize and sell your vehicle if caught DWI. That said, Bruce's .02 is a far cry from the legal limit of .08.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfiat View Post
    White privilege.
    Why put color to it, just say privileged if it was indeed privilege.
    Last edited by Dixie-Raven; 02-25-2021 at 07:45 AM.

11. Member
    How is that any kind of privilege? If he blew a .02 he wasn’t even close to near the legal limit. He got and paid his fine.
    Red Sox in 6!

12. Member
    Cop just trying to get his 15 minutes of fame.

I like ol Bruce, a true American Patriot

13. Banned

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
    Springsteen speaks his mind, walks the talk, sings about the common man, and makes great music. He speaks from the heart about where he grew up and places like it. His world is different than yours and mine and he's got different views than we do. Not hard to understand his politics from that perspective.

I don't hold it against him if he refused breath analyzer test so his BOC would be lower. This is common knowledge for many people and he chose a legal option available to him. So what? As they say, how many of us have on many occasions said something like "there but for the grace of God, go I?

And did I mention great music? One of my favorites: with some pretty good country yodeling:
    Finally someone on this thread I can agree with. Made some seriously great music through the years. I am sure alot of these posters don't like him because their political views don't align with his, not because of his music....

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    Finally someone on this thread I can agree with. Made some seriously great music through the years. I am sure alot of these posters don't like him because their political views don't align with his, not because of his music....
    I enjoy all of his music but really like many of his less famous tunes like "Youngstown", "My Father's House", and "The Ghost of Tom Joad" (rock version). Awesome music!
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamb View Post
    He took a shot with some fans and then sat on and started his motorcycle. An officer on foot patrol walked up to him.

I'm in favor of huge penalties for DWI; I like NYC's law where the can seize and sell your vehicle if caught DWI. That said, Bruce's .02 is a far cry from the legal limit of .08.
    did you not read the part where he refused a breathalyzer? Then took a blood test a long time after.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Cop just trying to get his 15 minutes of fame.

I like ol Bruce, a true American Patriot
    Patriot? I don't know of any "celebrities" that are patriots. Being opinionated and wealthy does not make you a patriot.

18. Member
    Patriot ???? You are kidding , right ?
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

19. Member
    He should just stay quiet and refuse any and all earning above a livable wage? Here is an American icon who only the lounge can rip apart for a .02 BAL,alcohol which if reports are as I’ve read he had a shot of tequila with fans at a park. Saying there are no “celebrities “ that are Patriots is silly
    Red Sox in 6!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    did you not read the part where he refused a breathalyzer? Then took a blood test a long time after.
    No. I did not read that, because that did not happen.

He refused the initial field breath test. He took a breath test at the park ranger station. At his hearing the prosecutor pointed out that this field breathalyzer is not required by law and the judge pointed out that even if he had taken it, the results would not have been admissible as evidence.

In dismissing the charges, prosecutors noted that Mr. Springsteen’s blood alcohol level was 0.02 percent, well below New Jersey’s 0.08 percent legal limit.

“The defendant would be considered presumptively not impaired,” the assistant U.S. attorney, Adam Baker, said during the 22-minute hearing.

The National Park Service ranger who arrested Mr. Springsteen had said in an affidavit that the singer-songwriter refused an initial breath test after he was stopped on his motorcycle on Nov. 14 near the Sandy Hook Lighthouse in New Jersey.

“That test is not required by law,” Mr. Baker added, “and he did submit to the legally required breath test when he was at the ranger station.”

Judge Mautone went further, noting that even if Mr. Springsteen had agreed to the initial test, it would not have been legal to admit the results as evidence.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast