Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LakeVu ultra map view

Is their any way I can go preview the ultra maps before purchasing? The do not show anything on navionics website.

2. Member
    Search Garmin LakeVü Lakes

I think this is what you want, you can look up lakes and it will show the regular and ultra

3. Banned
    What lake do you want to know about?

Ya I was just curious how it looked on the chart vs what the regular lake view is now. The link about does show the difference but no map.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTuna25 View Post
    Ya I was just curious how it looked on the chart vs what the regular lake view is now. The link about does show the difference but no map.

that’s why I asked what lake, I’ll post a picture. (I assume it’s allowed and not some kind of license issue with Garmin to post pics???)

Broken bow/ McGee creek in Oklahoma

7. Banned
    Well damn, I thought I could pull it from my phone app, but I don’t have enough storage to download the map to my phone. If I run to the lake this weekend, I’ll pull it up. I’m a bit confused as to why it doesn’t show up on my phone Garmin map chart.

Your all good. Is it like the navionics mapping? I know they are the same company now

9. Banned
    Your all good. Is it like the navionics mapping? I know they are the same company now

For my lakes yes. If your lake has the dynamic level feature, it’s great. My lakes 22’ low and when it’s set, it’s pretty helpful. Then add in the contour shading, you can do every 1’ a different color if you wanted. I will say that when I got my card, it was the 2020 map, it was recommended here to update it to the 2021 update and it is definitely better.

An example. This is my phone app and I can’t do the dynamic level thing on it, so I shaded 22’ out. So it would look a bit different on my graph.

Same area on the Navionics page.

Last edited by grout-scout; 02-24-2021 at 09:42 PM.

Would you say it’s a good upgrade for $200 form the regular lakevu maps or not worth the money?

11. Banned
    Well, I bought mine on Black Friday at 20% off and they had a $50 rebate, so I basically paid $100 for mine. Worth it to me, just for the lake level offset. I can’t tell you if it’s worth $200 vs the graphs pre-installed version. If your factory map is horribly wrong, then it might be worth the cost. If your map is pretty accurate already, then maybe not. My ultra card was very inaccurate before the 2021 version and I was ready to throw it away after the first couple of uses, really glad it was recommended to update it.

I’m sure you’ll see it, but if not, I added 2 pics above of the same spot.

Do you have to pay to update the ultra maps?

13. Banned
    Do you have to pay to update the ultra maps?

Allowed 1 free update after purchase, within 1 year I believe. I’m not sure how much they charge to update after a year. I still have 2 other navionics cards that I use with my Lowrance graphs, so I’ll never update the Garmin again.

14. Member
    Their telling me my update is $59.99 and mine isn't a year old yet. The cartography department also said a new update will be out around maybe April for the Ultra map, they said they are not real sure as to what is going to be NEW, and in what areas, I asked specifically about Central FL. So I figured I would wait, only have to do it once.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    Their telling me my update is $59.99 and mine isn't a year old yet. The cartography department also said a new update will be out around maybe April for the Ultra map, they said they are not real sure as to what is going to be NEW, and in what areas, I asked specifically about Central FL. So I figured I would wait, only have to do it once.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/cartogr...rine/programs/

Theres a little number 1 by the New Chart Guarantee update statement, then scroll to the bottom to find out what that 1 means. 1 free update per card in 12 months. My card is an ultra west, is yours an ultra East or a saltwater version?

How can you check what year it is. I just bought mine and it's OK but I have found places on at least one of my lakes that are pretty far off.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

17. Banned
    Mine showed 2020 upon startup, you can find the version in the about menu, but I can’t tell you how to get there without my graph being here.

Seems like mine just shows the basic worldwide on startup. I'll check it out. Thanks.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    https://www.garmin.com/en-US/cartogr...rine/programs/

Theres a little number 1 by the New Chart Guarantee update statement, then scroll to the bottom to find out what that 1 means. 1 free update per card in 12 months. My card is an ultra west, is yours an ultra East or a saltwater version?

Mine is the Ultra East, I sent them an email to see what's up with it.

System _Software Information

2021 Lakevu Ultra west

So...not that great for Lake Pleasant, Arizona

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast