Triton 21X2 tubing setup

I currently have a 25 tempest and a 24 fury4. Both are perfect for everything with the tempest being ~2 mph faster but the fury4 being a better all around fishing prop. Min plane speed with the tempest is around 29 mph and min plane with fury4 is around 24-25 mph, both faster than I want to pull my 5yo on the tube. I have the option to purchase a new in box hi five 23 for a good price, but for about $100 less I could get a cbailey foil. Would either of these get my plane speed down under 20 mph on my long heavy boat?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtreed99 View Post
    I currently have a 25 tempest and a 24 fury4. Both are perfect for everything with the tempest being ~2 mph faster but the fury4 being a better all around fishing prop. Min plane speed with the tempest is around 29 mph and min plane with fury4 is around 24-25 mph, both faster than I want to pull my 5yo on the tube. I have the option to purchase a new in box hi five 23 for a good price, but for about $100 less I could get a cbailey foil. Would either of these get my plane speed down under 20 mph on my long heavy boat?
    I've been in your position. My experience was it was better to have the right pitch prop rather than rely on a foil. It is kind of a pain to change the prop but I didn't want a foil on my boat for bass fishing and if you are just going fun fishing between tubing trips you can just leave the tubing prop on and not run WOT so you don't over rev the engine.