LVS32 mounting side - port vs starboard

LS mounting.JPG

So, has anyone tried mounting their LVS32 on the opposite side of whatever side you have it on to see if it works better or worse on one side or the other?

If you look at installation manual, port side forward view is to me how you would expect it to mount. Level, with the arrays pointed forward and down.

If you can imagine then flipping the ducer to the other side of the barrel (or pole), it would be shooting backwards. That is why for starboard side mounting you click the back up a couple clicks. What this does is actually make the array that was looking down or behind your boat on port side mounting actually becomes the array shooting forward on starboard side.

Thoughts?

Per the engineers that developed LiveScope, there is no difference in performance relative to Port or Starboard mounting.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Banned
    The only potential difference I can think of, would be if it’s too close to the TM’s motor. Member PMantle just said the other day that he installed the perspective mount and feels as if it helped to clear up his image a bit. Has me wondering now, could a little more separation help.

4. Member
    It could change where fixed artifacts appear. I see a slight performance difference in whether or not an artifact appears near the bottom depending upon how I am looking parallel to the shore. The artifact appears when the bottom inclines right to left but does not appear when the bottom inclines left to right. If I changed from my current Port Side Forward View to the Starboard Side Forward View I expect that the artifact would swap sides of the lake.

There may be something to what PMantle said. I can't say for sure. I have currently changed from canted shaft mount to the non-canted torpedo mount to improve casting accuracy. May not be any difference but I feel better about it being on the torpedo.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    I shifted my mount a little off center(to the right) because the perspective mount was going to have my ducer pointing pretty darn far left. It really confuses guests when they try to fish with me up front.

6. Member
    Let me rephrase my initial thought:

Say you have a port side forward mount. Forward view looking 50 feet out. Ghost tree / weak spot say 10 feet out in front and 12-14 feet down (hypothetical numbers). IF you switched it to starboard would the same ghost tree / weak spot now be at 40 feet out?

When you switch sides, the forward most array is now the rear most and so forth.

IF the ghost tree / weak spot stayed in same spot to me that indicates a software issue and not a hardware issue.

Of course this is what it seems to be, software-related

7. Member
    Unpopular opinion...ghost tree is a feature, not a problem.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mtatua View Post
    Let me rephrase my initial thought:

Say you have a port side forward mount. Forward view looking 50 feet out. Ghost tree / weak spot say 10 feet out in front and 12-14 feet down (hypothetical numbers). IF you switched it to starboard would the same ghost tree / weak spot now be at 40 feet out?

When you switch sides, the forward most array is now the rear most and so forth.

IF the ghost tree / weak spot stayed in same spot to me that indicates a software issue and not a hardware issue.

Of course this is what it seems to be, software-related

Not sure if I follow 100%, but I’m a stbd TM shaft mount and my GT is the typical water depth location that we always see.

For what it’s worth. I have exactly 2 dead spots in my GT that are about 1’ each as my jig drops, I can live with it for the way I fish.

It shouldn't matter if it's port or starboard mount. The tree is just a return of the bottom that isn't filtered out or is filtered out killing sensitivity in that zone.

tree is a result of forward facing multi array sonar, it is a non issue like double bottom and extra clutter on 2d , learning to use it will show you more information than without it.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089