Level the boat on trailer

I’m going to install a mega imaging transducer on my Atlas jack plate with the transducer shield bracket and saver. Here’s the question... The boat is on the trailer, is there a place on the boat where you can physically place a level to simulate the boat sitting in the water? Or am I over thinking this and there’s a better way? Goal is to get mega imaging transducer pointing perfectly down.

Boat is a 2013 21i class
    2013 Skeeter 21i - 250 SHO

2. Member
    Place the level on a flat spot on the hull. Note where the bubble is on the hull. Then match that spot with the transducer. Then boat and transducer will be at the same or close enough.

3. Member
    Next time you go to the lake, don't wipe down the hull at the end of the day, leave the skum line on. Back in your driveway, put a level on the skum line somewhere on the side of your hull and use the trailer jack to "level the skum line" Next, level your transducer.

Another even better way is to put a level on the boat deck while you are idling on the lake, mark the level, where the bubble sits or make note of the degrees if you have one of the fancy levels. This is the attitude of your boat while you are scanning. In your driveway replicate that attitude and then adjust the transducer to level.

4. Member
    I have used the scum line method and another way would be to place a level on the deck while on the water and use coins to level it, then replicate the setup in the shop. The best way (if you have one) is to use the pitch readout on your fish finder. I know my Lowrance Point 1 has a pitch output, and would imagine other GPS pucks do as well.

5. Member
    Great advice! Thanks guys
    2013 Skeeter 21i - 250 SHO

6. Member
    The coin method is the best, try and mark your transducer once it is set.
    If you hit it on a stump or bump it out of shape, easy return to spot.