Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weather and ridin...

So I know most of the country has been cold and crappy but it seems like it's moderating some. I have'nt been out since December but how is everyone else doing?
    Anyone going to head to Daytona this year?

2. Member
    No riding. just wishin. Bunch of guys from the bar trailering to Daytona on March 5 th. Interesting development... Guy from fla interested in buying my bike. He couldn't figure out shipping. I sent a few messages.... Bought a few shots, Bike has a ride down if he wants to pull the trigger.... If I can pull this off I deserve the BBC medal for selling a bike!!
    A maroon zx11 in cave creek Arizona has my name on it... Only 2000 miles away!!!
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

Nice deal. U-Ship is always cheap too. I've priced them a few times when looking at bikes in other states.

4. Member
    That's a possibility. I'd use that to get bike from AZ. It's actually 35 min from my girlfriend's mothers house. Might fly out and ride it back. See the country a bit, my own little bike week. It's in his court now.

5. Member
    No riding this year, yet. I did crank it up yesterday and stood behind it to let the Vance and Hines talk to me for a few minutes.

6. Member
    Put the battery tender on again to get it nice and charged up, pulled it out of the garage and ran it for about 5 minutes. Days are going to start getting nicer very soon and hopefully I'll be off this 7 days a week stuff at work in the next 2 - 4 weeks and back to a normal work schedule.

Took the boat out yesterday and rode the motorcycle to work today. 70 degrees in Jawga! Great feeling being on the bike and feeling the breeze. One thing great about being on a motorcycle that I’m sure that goes for everybody when they’re on their bike, no worries, no stress!

8. Member
    I got about 70 miles in yesterday, first chance since the snow and cold came in two weeks ago.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Put the battery tender on again to get it nice and charged up,
    Which is also another question, Who leaves their battery tender on all winter? I plugged mine in sometime in December and have not taken it off power since...

Have seen some bikes out this week as the temps have been around 50 or so several times this week. HAven't had a chance to get mine out yet. My battery tender has been off and on this winter because my grandson has some power wheels that I need to plug in off and on.

11. Member
    In not a big fan of battery tenders. I use an optima charger. Great for agm. It does chArge and maintain. It is hooked up now. Never had much of a problem with it left on. Snow and work has kept me out of the garage. My plan was to take battery out and tank off in prep for spring maintenance. Nope. Never happened. I did start it up a few weeks ago on a rare warm day. Started up, a lot of steam and burning dust!!

12. Member
    There was about a two week span that I didn't ride due to cold weather. Suppose to be 81 here today so I'm gonna squeeze in a round of golf and ride somewhere this afternoon.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    Which is also another question, Who leaves their battery tender on all winter? I plugged mine in sometime in December and have not taken it off power since...
    My battery maintainers remain on 24/7 on my bikes except when I am gone overnight.

14. Member
    I plug the battery tender in on the 1st and again on the 15th. Same as the boat batteries but they are done in 10 minutes.. In about an hour the bike is charged and I unplug it. Dosent take long because they sit in a 55 degree garage all winter.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    My battery maintainers remain on 24/7 on my bikes except when I am gone overnight.
    Yep, same here. I’ve only had mine out once this year.

High of 59 degrees today. Heading out on the bike with the girlfriend and do some riding and hiking in the N Ga mountains. Need to burn off the Girl Scout cookies lol.

17. Member
    I leave the tender on all winter, haven't riding since October
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

18. Member
    I did get out for a short ride about 2 weeks ago, went and got a haircut and took the scenic route home.

19. Member
    Had 2 warm days here in ny. Guys out riding in the dirt and salt. deer everywhere. I'll wait a bit.

Pic from Sunday’s ride. Had a few bikes out at T.W.O. in Suches, Ga. It was nice but cold, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast