Evinrude parts in the future?

I'm looking to buy a bass boat with a 2011 Evinrude 250hp HO. Is it going to be hard finding parts in the future?
    Thanks for any insight.
    2015 Skeeter ZX250 with 2015 SHO 250hp
    12" Helix MSI at console linked with
    9" Helix MDI at bow
    52" 36v Ultrex
    (sold and I miss it)

2. Member
    That's a great question. BRP says they are honoring warranties and providing parts, and luckily they are a large and reputable company. I love my G2, but personally I don't think I would buy a used boat with one, just because of future uncertainties. My bigger concern is that dealers will stop working on them, and I'll have to drive real far to get service. If you decide to go for it, I would try to get it at a deep discount.

Johnson hasn’t been around in how long? As far as I know parts are not an issue
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

4. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I don't think finding parts will be an issue. I wouldn't buy one now, mainly because of what posmallie mentioned above in that I think over time less and less dealers will be working on them. There are some dealers I've heard that won't even take a trade in boat with a G2 on it...

I'm jumping ship and ordering a new 2022 Z520L later this year and it'll have a Merc 4s on it.

My G2 has been in the shop a lot in the last 6 months, not cool especially on a $85k boat... The swivel bracket steering assembly went out ($8k), fuel pump recently went out and my spark plugs were black already and had to be replaced. All of these repairs with less than 160hrs on the motor!!! The swivel bracket assembly worked for a few trips out, but now the code 211 came back on and it's out again, it's at the dealership as we speak. I am very easy on the boat also, not a touring pro that runs it WOT every time the motor is running. I baby it and I bought it brand spanking new in 2018. Granted, all repairs have been made under warranty, but I've reached the end of my patience and what good is a 10 year warranty if the boat is in the shop twice or more a year?

My experience / .02

Good luck

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

5. Member
    at the present time i feel like brp will continue to mfg. parts for the evinrude engines for years to come.even down the road if some of the parts are discontinued you have companies like sierra,cdi,etc. which offers after market parts for any outboard engine.if the truth was known some of the oem parts are probably mfg. by the after market companies.personally i would research the year model of the engine you are considering and see the reviews.if it wasnt a big time problem child engine i would go for it.good luck to you
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"