Thread: Otc halts

Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar

Otc halts

Just a heads up. Apparently the sec is really hitting the otc world hard. Use caution, halts in the otc world can be devastating to your play. Good luck and choose wisely

2. Member
    Grand....they're not halting custodians are they?

3. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    I don’t believe so, but basically halting anything with suspect volume.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    I don’t believe so, but basically halting anything with suspect volume.
    Well that's annoying

5. Member
    Quite a bit of chatter on the boards about halts currently. Have you saw any stop signs/yields getting halted or just CEs?

6. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    It seems like it’s anything that hasn’t had an otc submission in the last year with suspect volume due to social media.

7. Member
    halts again today RKT

8. Member
    I understand the PND halts to a degree. I know that it is illegal and all of that, and that's fine if they want to suspend those. However, I think it is absolutely ridiculous to allow stocks like GME and HCMC to trade regardless of their status whenever they are clearly being pumped and dumped. I know short squeeze and all of that plays a role, but it's just frustrating to me to be concerned about my custodian OTCs when GME and HCMC and all of those others are trading waaaayyy above their value on a clear pump.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OHellnofishin View Post
    halts again today RKT
    Was that halted for manipulation? I saw that it was halted for a circuit breaker

10. Member
    For good measure reddit style lol "this is not financial advice"/////

So it was halted on volatility on 3 upward rockets. I to an extent get your statement on GME but this is a free market or "should be". People can spend what they want and they are simply doing what the big boys have been for years using the system to make a buck for good or bad. GME to me is a call to odds from the middle class that took an opportunity when it arose. I feel deeply that the extreme short on it is a functional problem in the system. Companies can get shorted into non existence and that takes away any chance for some of these entities to survive.

All that will happen from ALL of this is more regulation on US that trade at the micro levels. The big boys aren't gonna pay the piper for anything. I get worrying about the "pump" on GME though as its obviously a FOMO crap show of epic proportions.

RKT on the other hand has a LOT of up side and no real shorts. Dividends due the 9th. The company IMO on my menial reading and level of understanding is very VERY solid financially and has one heck of a plan for future movement. They also own their float if I understand correctly. There should be upside and the market honestly was low for what it was. I have had RKT since it came out my little 45 shares or so for my play trading and yes I had GME as well (kept 1 just to have a ticket to any ensuing ridiculousness good or bad).

RKT I dont feel uncomfortable ignoring long term. I may take some profits and rebuy but I feel like its a 40 range stock right now as it should be.

Tomorrow will show the true colors but itll be on all the news tonight and FOMO is gonna run it up again. Halting like they did today was wild. less than 2 mins apart I believe at one point.

Im far more adept at crypto but I like the actual financials and overall market plans/trajectory of growth that RKT has going....THIS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO HATED HATED HATED their entire experience with rocket mortgage so much that he ate .03% to go elsewhere to refi lol.

11. Member
    The problem with halts, especially in board stocks like GME, AMC and other is that it kills the natural momentum that had the middle class making bank. It stifled the market and did exactly what they wanted it to do, which was allow shorts to buy their shares before it bankrupted them. The halts a few weeks back was complete bullshit and the reason why people believe the system is rigged against the little guy. It is.
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

12. Member
    A FREAKING MEN

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    The problem with halts, especially in board stocks like GME, AMC and other is that it kills the natural momentum that had the middle class making bank. It stifled the market and did exactly what they wanted it to do, which was allow shorts to buy their shares before it bankrupted them. The halts a few weeks back was complete bullshit and the reason why people believe the system is rigged against the little guy. It is.
    Exactly

14. Member
    I just love how they only halt once on a downswing but 3-4x on an upswing less than 3 minutes apart between ANY of the halts...CMON if the sentiment is buying after the second time leave it alone and get it sorted stop killing the little guys its ridiculous.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OHellnofishin View Post

All that will happen from ALL of this is more regulation on US that trade at the micro levels. The big boys aren't gonna pay the piper for anything. I get worrying about the "pump" on GME though as its obviously a FOMO crap show of epic proportions.
    This ^^^^

This idea of a per trade tax that is currently floating around will only hurt the retail investors. Large brokerages and hedge funds will just pass the tax along to the investor.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mastergun View Post
    This ^^^^

This idea of a per trade tax that is currently floating around will only hurt the retail investors. Large brokerages and hedge funds will just pass the tax along to the investor.
    Yeah that crap had better disappear. They're trying to get too much control of the market imo