Thread: Muppets

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 BASS ASSASIN View Post
    next to go will be the “ commander “.. way to militant
    I don't see the "Patriot" surviving either.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Hobbie Hut View Post
    I don't see the "Patriot" surviving either.
    They got the boys in the think tank sweating there asses off.. they’re all afraid to throw out the first idea though

3. Member
    This after Jeep just had its SJW Super Bowl ad with Springsteen blow up in its face. They just can't win with the perpetually offended.

4. Member
    I thought it was Disney plus that put a warning on the Muppets show.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    I thought it was Disney plus that put a warning on the Muppets show.
    It was. Disney also owns Family Guy, Simpsons... Family Guy is printing money. Probably the most racist show on TV. I wonder if they are going to stop that?

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    I would say you pretty much nailed it!
    I think he meant "Hell in a handbasket."
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bkeenom View Post
    It was. Disney also owns Family Guy, Simpsons... Family Guy is printing money. Probably the most racist show on TV. I wonder if they are going to stop that?
    They better hope the perpetually offended can keep them in business. A lot of people have cancelled them along with other businesses.

8. Member
    Ha...I used to watch muppet babys
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

9. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    Bless all the snowflakes. I hope they do well in life. You hang in there you special little important entitled folks.
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

10. Member
    People have canceled Disney? Right now the only people complaining about Family Guy are conservatives. Am I missing the hew and cry from liberals but seeing it here by conservatives?
    Red Sox in 6!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    People have canceled Disney?
    I know over 30 people just at work that have cancelled disney.

12. Member
    Can I ask the obvious question how do yo know over 30 people cancelled Disney? Did you yell in the lunch room “Raise your hand if you canceled Disney? I work at a fairly large hospital and have been known to talk to a fair amount people each day and couldn’t tell you there TV affiliating.
    Red Sox in 6!

13. Banned
    Can I ask the obvious question how do yo know over 30 people cancelled Disney? Did you yell in the lunch room “Raise your hand if you canceled Disney? I work at a fairly large hospital and have been known to talk to a fair amount people each day and couldn’t tell you there TV affiliating.

14. Member
    Muppets were great TV when they first came out about the time I got out of high school. The show was on Thursday nights which was our drinking night. We used to meet over a friends house and crack a couple to get primed while watching the muppets and then hit the local band bar.

15. Member
    People have canceled Disney? Right now the only people complaining about Family Guy are conservatives. Am I missing the hew and cry from liberals but seeing it here by conservatives?
    I'm conservative and don't think we should cancel any of them.

My point was Disney is putting warning labels on a 30-year-old TV show that may or may not be racist but they are still putting out the most possibly racist content on TV and not saying a word it is because it is their Cash cow. Family Guy crosses way more lines than the Muppets ever did. I think people should just turn off the things they don't like instead of canceling them. Humor is humor and we should allow all of it

16. Member
    Equipment tech for almost 700 machines. With a operators for every 10. Would you like for me to take a poll from all of them? Should I also include the other 4 shifts?

17. Member
    I agree with both post #10 and #13 !!
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

18. Member
    No i think we’re good
    Red Sox in 6!

Wasn't it the Simpsons voice actor Hank Azaria that got removed from the show because he was voicing "non-white" characters? I thought the whole idea of acting was so they could all play-pretend to be other people. And ain't most of the Simpson's yellow? I'm really confused.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

20. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Kermit and The Muppets were 'born' just a couple miles from where I'm sitting; on the banks of Deer Creek in Leland, MS... Jim Henson's childhood home. There's a small museum just off Hwy 82, where it crosses the creek...

Was never really a fan of the Muppets... just weren't my thing.

I've been (and remain) a fan of Family Guy, however, which shouldn't be surprising, as it's fairly common knowledge that my sense of humor is a bit twisted. I don't find the show racist, at all, and it's for the same reason that I enjoy the work of comics like Daniel Tosh and Dave Chappelle...

They don't single out any one ethnic or racial group as the source of their jokes. Do they all use 'racial stereotypes' in their work? You bet they do; but EVERY group is a target... nobody's safe... they are equal opportunity offenders.

A good example of this is the classic comedy, Blazing Saddles...

Could it be shown today in its unedited form? Very doubtful; as too many folks would immediately get busy being butthurt over certain things rather than realizing that Mel Brooks' comedic genius took shots at EVERY group (especially the white folks) in that film.

I get that stuff like this isn't for everyone... that's fine... and I agree with what bkeenom said above; if you don't like it, turn the channel.

Just my .02
    Who controls John Gill?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast