Guntersville water elevation question

Where I fish alot they have major draw downs and I know that certain levels I can and can't go some places. What is the normal elevation for Gville? TVA app shows it pretty stable around 593.5ish. Is that considered low? Guy told me the standard was 595 but it was a Facebook guy and I don't know about him hahaha.

2. Member
    Gville is pretty stable unless the river north gets tons of rain. A foot can change the fishing dramatically. If the TVA pulls water heavily as a result it can be good for fishing. It always changes here.

3. Member
    595 is full pool on Guntersville. This winter TVA has been keeping the lake about as low as it can be. In the 593 to 593.5 range. Water levels stay relatively stable year round.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

4. Member
    Both Guntersville and Nickajack are classified by the TVA as "flow through" reservoirs, meaning exactly that, very little water level fluctuation. It is rare for either of these to move more than 1.5 feet or so. The rest of the ones in the main river system have more pronounced level changes from winter pool to summer pool.

5. Member
    3-5 inches of rain expected Friday-Sunday. The river is tough when this happens. I was on it today and there’s a lot of timber floating in the river. My next door neighbor lost his lower unit last week.

6. Member
    What is considered too much current? Or what is the optimal discharge flow? Couple years ago I was there and they were pulling 200k which made the main river unfishable.

7. Member
    For comparison, on Chick, 50K is pretty good, above that is too much.

8. Member
    It’s a little bit higher today but they are pulling a ton of water. 594.24, but pulling avg of 102k.