Thread: SHO Alarm Help

SHO Alarm Help

SHO Owners/Experts, just started getting an alarm the past couple of months every once in a while when running WOT (6100-6200 RPMs). Engine drops down below 3000 rpms, it goes off and then I continue running often times back up to WOT or a little below. That to me screams that is in fact not overheating. Just changed the Water Pump last month so pressure is good. Is this a REV Limiter issue? If so it doesn't make sense, always ran these RPMs since after break in.

Anyone have this issue? Seems to only happen running WOT for 10 minutes or more but doesn't happen every time out. Its a 2016 model (225) and never had this happen until this past December.

Could it be some larger problem going on?

2. Member
    What boat?

3. Member
    Has gear oil been changed lately?

4. Member
    Yamaha tachometer? What is it showing?

You might want to hope that it is an over temperature situation. Alternative is low oil pressure.

5. Member
    Answers to above

Champion 198

Yes in December

Don't have Yamaha Tach. Would Low Oil Pressure Alarm only come on every once in a while running at WOT for 10 minutes or more?

6. Member
    No lights on the tachometer?

I would suspect that over temperature would be much more common than low oil pressure.

Just for the hell of it, check the grates for the water inlets. The side ones particularly. See if they are flush. At high speed if not correctly positioned the flow of water can be reduced at high speeds.

Easy enough to install an led that can be turned on by the ECU if and when the temperature is excessive.