98 Triton TR19 seat install

I can't seem to find any information on installing newer seats into my 98 tr19. I have a set from bassboatseats.com and they came in two pieces and expect you to just screw them into the seat platform but the gas tank is I believe under that platform does anyone know how much space between the platform and the tank I can see behind where the access panel is but not on the bottom. I do not want to drill into the tank that could be a potential problem LOL. Thank you guys

2. Member
    There are no directions you are gonna have to get creative. I replace my seats with bassboatseats.com in my tr22. I removed the original seats marked the new holes on the plat form with the new seat bases, removed the fuel tank cover/plat form and drilled the holes out and used stainless bolts and nylon lock nuts to secure the seats. They are rock solid

3. Member
    We already recarpeted the boat , and did the seat platform down through the cockpit as I piece.. if I take off that gas tank access panel in look at least at the part where the back of the sheet would be it looks like it has enough room but the lower part where you sit on I'm not sure how much room there is from that metal platform to where I might hit the gas tank with a screw20210221_171433.jpg20210221_171433.jpg

4. Member
    I installed those seats in my TR20. I had close to 4 inches from the front edge of the seat platform to where the gas tank is. I attached the base of the seat with the hinges at the front edge of the seat platform. No screws towards the back. Then I sat the seat backs down to put some pressure on the back of the seat bottoms to hold them in place. Then screwed the backs into the back of the platform above the gas tank. Have had them for about 4 years now with no problems.
    65579484-8A72-44F1-876B-F2BBDAFDC5CF.jpeg
    81D1AF4B-3B1D-4833-B105-B47BD98D6DD0.jpeg

I am in the middle of this as well. I have a 2001 TR21 that I just pulled the old seats off of. I bought a pair of the bassboatseats.com bucket seats to replace them. My old seats have a metal bracket attached to the bottom/back of the seat, that slides into a metal slot on the boat against the back wall. It then has screws under the seat on the front edge to hold the seat in place. The problem I have ( aside from all the screws on the old bracket being rusted out/stuck in place) is that there is nothing to screw them into on the new bucket seats on the back of the seat. There is a gap where its just padding, not the hard plastic where I would need to mount the bracket against the back of the seat. I haven't figured out what I am gonna do yet. Removing the whole platform and just bolting them down like slim mentioned might be the best way, I hadn't thought about that. I have never taken that platform off, didn't really even realize it lifted off after just removing a few screws.

6. Member
    That platform comes out relatively easy. Remove the screws down the sides and then in the back. Makes it much easier to deal with.

7. Member
    , I did not take that metal platform off when we did the carpet we did it all one piece from the top of the platform all the way through the cockpit floor so now that's where I'm in a guessing game has to where I can screw in the sea and not damaged the gas tank

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickd88 View Post
    , I did not take that metal platform off when we did the carpet we did it all one piece from the top of the platform all the way through the cockpit floor so now that's where I'm in a guessing game has to where I can screw in the sea and not damaged the gas tank
    Maybe you could take a razor knife and and a straight edge and cut the carpet where the vertical piece meets the floor. You could then get some of the carpet trim that goes around the edges and install that after you reinstall the metal platform. My old TR186 had the trim around all the edges.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

9. Member
    Getting ready to replace the seats on my 2004 TR186 and I hadn't even considered removing the platform. That appears to be the way to go. My questions is who do you recommend I get my seats from? I was bouncing back between Lebroc and Bassboatseats.com, so any insight would be appreciated.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
    Getting ready to replace the seats on my 2004 TR186 and I hadn't even considered removing the platform. That appears to be the way to go. My questions is who do you recommend I get my seats from? I was bouncing back between Lebroc and Bassboatseats.com, so any insight would be appreciated.
    I had an 03 TR186 many years ago that I bought new. I replaced the seats with ones from bassboatseats.com. They were very high quality and I actually liked them better than the original seats. They were hard to beat for the price. I hear Lebroc are high quality too but they were much more expensive. I gave the boat to my nephew several years ago and the seats still look new. I took the platform off to install the new ones. I took it off to make sure I didn’t damage the fuel tank. It was very easy to take off. You don’t have to take the old seats off to remove the platform.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

11. Member
    Bass boat seats are good quality. I have been pleased with them. Much more reasonably priced than Lebroc. Lebrocs are nice too. I considered both but chose bass boat seats.

12. Member
    Thanks for the advice guy, saved me a lot of headache trying to decide between the two. . It’s good to hear about quality and durability of bassboatseats.com. I’ll stick with them.

13. Member
    Went with seats and carpet from bassboatseats.com.by20210223_173102.jpg20210221_171433.jpg