Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boat cover opinions.

Looking for a good cover for my stratos 294. Want to stay in the 200-300 price range. Needs to be trailerable as well. What does everyone think?

Got mine at I-boats. great cover and they fit it to your boat. Think I paid $325.00 3 years ago use it on the road.

3. Member
    Stay away from SealSkinz, talked to them and they said cover would fit over my pedestals. 1st cover they sent was 3' short fitting over my pedestals, would have probably fit without the pedestals although there was no way the sewn in motor hood would have fit over my 250 Yamaha. 2nd cover they sent was way too long and way too wide for my boat. They eventually refunded my money but charged me a 20% restocking fee so I got ripped off. BEWARE.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

Good and cheap rarely go together. Look at an Aurora cover. Check their clearance section for one that will fit your boat. Sunbrella Supreme is by far the best material. Aqualon is good and about half the price of the SB Supreme.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Good and cheap rarely go together.
    Well said!
    My dad said a similar thing: Buy Cheap, Get Cheap.

Look at Budget Covers
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

6. Member
    Yeah I know I don’t want to buy cheaper but I just can’t justify spending 1,000 on a cover. It’s in a garage but want it covered when it’s in there and when I travel.

7. Member
    See if there is a local guy that does them. Used to be a guy that did them for the local dealer. His fit like a glove and hold up well. Mine will be 21 years old in May and still works and looks like brand new. Looks like there are two in your town that do them.

8. Member
    I got about 6-7 yrs each out of the Aurora covers that I've had but my boat is outside 100% of the time. I got my last Aurora off their specials page for $600, I'd buy another but the only one they've had for quite sometime now is Black Tweed
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

9. Member
    My factory cover is 13 years old. Always been outside. I cover it with a shipping cover that I get free and it protects factory cover and reflects heat.They last 6-7 years.

10. Member
    Like mentioned, good and cheap can't be used in the same sentence. If you want to be able to travel with it, some customization will likely be necessary as opposed to an inexpensive generic cover. If you go over to the Aurora web site, they have a "specials" section with a load of leftovers from past years. Perhaps they can make one work for you.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

11. Member
    EMPIRE COVERS

12. Member
    Where do you get a shipping cover from?

13. Member
    Same.............good and cheap don't go together. Local person or company would be best bet with a decent reputation. I have used boat covers direct for a couple boats mooring covers and they are pretty decent for the money.

14. Member
    if you have a local dealer you do business with that sells the same brand, ask them for a shipping cover. I used mine 5 years and they are great for storage. They cost about 225 dollars, but the
    dealers just throw them away....totally water proof and fit to the boat.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

15. Member
    I bought mine from empire. It is the deluxe model with micro fleece backing on it, I never trailer with a cover, mine is just for storage. Nice cover for under $400
    2018 Ram Big Horn Crew With "CUMMINS POWER"
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 PRO XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

16. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    In a cover you get what you pay for , I just replaced my original Ranger cover with another one a little pricey but well worth it in my opinion.I don't have a garage or room for one so my cover is my garage my first one lasted 13years outside 24/7 rain , snow , sleet and hot and cold. So I replaced it with another one, I figure to rent a garage somewhere with power would be more than $150 a month and it wouldn't be right outside my door so if it last as long, it will be fine with me as I will be into my mid 80's and hopefully still fishing but you never know...lol
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

17. Member
    I myself bought a cover from National Covers for a 96 Charger 195. It does not fit with my pedestal in and with it out the back corners are off by a few feet. Finally got the back to clip together but it was a real struggle. I do think I will be looking around for a better cover to replace it with at some point.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie7644 View Post
    Where do you get a shipping cover from?
    Either manufacturer or local dealer.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 20DC BULLET View Post
    EMPIRE COVERS
    Just bought a 18' - 20' 1200 denier cover from them, after a lot of research. I hope it ends up functioning as good as it looks. From the specs it is quite the bargain and I hope it pans out.

20. Member
    Aurora Canvas are the experts. As mentioned you can sometimes pick up bargains on covers they made for others but never were shipped. Call them and let them know your budget and get their recommendation.
    ciao,
    Marc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast