Basement Ceiling

Hi, All-

Have done some internet research but wanted to get advice from trustworthy sources- my fishing buds!

Getting ready to install a ceiling in my basement and wanted to get your opinion on whether or not to insulate the ceiling before closing it off. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!!!

Insulate to prevent sound transfer. That's really the only benefit you'll see if you insulate. Use un-faced R30 between the floor joists. You don't need to use paper backed insulation.
    If you're not worried about sound traveling from the basement to the first floor then save your money on the insulation
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

3. Member
    Thanks for the advice!

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator sc419795's Avatar
    Before you cover it up take pics of all of your mechanicals and plumbing locations. Never know if you will need to open it back up to fix something and may save time.
    Steve
    2006 Sylvan Expedition Sport
    2006 Yamaha F150 TXR s/n 63P L 1041829

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sc419795 View Post
    Before you cover it up take pics of all of your mechanicals and plumbing locations. Never know if you will need to open it back up to fix something and may save time.
    Fantastic suggestion! I would never have thought of that... will definitely save frustration in the future.

6. Member
    I installed Drop Ceiling vs Drywall. Wanted to make sure I still had access to everything.