idbefishing

Mutual funds performance

My 401K is spread out between small cap, mid cap, large cap and several others. 2020 was the year of the mid cap followed by large cap. Harbor Mid Cap Growth gain for 2020 was 61.54 % ; Principal Large Cap Growth was 36.06%

https://www.morningstar.com/funds/xnas/hamgx/quote

2. Member
    That is why you diversify. I have Vanguard Explorer as one of our 401k options and have been dollar cost averaging into it for a few years. I haven't really checked how it has done.

3. Member
    Columbia Small Cap Growth-CGOAX up 75% and Columbia Flex Cap Income- CFIAX up 29%
    Fidelity Growth Disc - FDSVX up42% and Fidelity 500 Index up 24%
    T Rowe Price Div Growth - PRDGX up 19%
    Hartford Core Equity Fund - HAIAX up 17.75%

I have others that are even more conservative to give me a nice large spectrum of diversity, but over all, even Dodge & Cox Income fund being quite conservative yield me 6.4% for the yr, funds have done great for me for the yr and moving forward.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Columbia Small Cap Growth-CGOAX up 75% and Columbia Flex Cap Income- CFIAX up 29%
    Fidelity Growth Disc - FDSVX up42% and Fidelity 500 Index up 24%
    T Rowe Price Div Growth - PRDGX up 19%
    Hartford Core Equity Fund - HAIAX up 17.75%

I have others that are even more conservative to give me a nice large spectrum of diversity, but over all, even Dodge & Cox Income fund being quite conservative yield me 6.4% for the yr, funds have done great for me for the yr and moving forward.
    I have PRDGX in one of my accounts. It is a great fund.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    I have PRDGX in one of my accounts. It is a great fund.
    You may want to look into Columbia Flex Cap Income- CFIAX than, and I think you will like it also.