Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best place to buy 9MM Practice ammo?

Does anyone have a reliable source or site they use for 9MM ammo? Locally places want over $1 per round.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Anywhere you can find it. It is all expensive right now.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    If you have an academy or cabelas/bass pro near by find out what days they get trucks and show up early to get in line. Never know what or if ammo is on truck that day though. Good luck

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ176 View Post
    If you have an academy or cabelas/bass pro near by find out what days they get trucks and show up early to get in line. Never know what or if ammo is on truck that day though. Good luck
    This. ^^^ I bought over 4K rounds of 9mm just last week from BP and Academy. Each store does things differently, so call and ask. But if you don't have the ability to get in line or get in the doors when they open, you're probably not going to have much luck. I sold all the 9mm to friends for our cost, which was .35-.40 a round. I'm a reloader , so I was really only after primers, and did well on those last week also.
    John

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    This. ^^^ I bought over 4K rounds of 9mm just last week from BP and Academy. Each store does things differently, so call and ask. But if you don't have the ability to get in line or get in the doors when they open, you're probably not going to have much luck. I sold all the 9mm to friends for our cost, which was .35-.40 a round. I'm a reloader , so I was really only after primers, and did well on those last week also.
    so you needed primers to reload and ended up cleaning the store out of 9mm and sold it to "friends".

do you know how many people are just looking for 50-100 rounds to go to the range and you bought 4000 rounds just for giggles.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebone1 View Post
    so you needed primers to reload and ended up cleaning the store out of 9mm and sold it to "friends".

do you know how many people are just looking for 50-100 rounds to go to the range and you bought 4000 rounds just for giggles.
    +1. And we wonder why we are paying double and triple the normal prices.

OP check out ammoseek.com. you wont find great prices anywhere right now but I have found 115 grain target rounds for .58 cents per round lately.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    +1. And we wonder why we are paying double and triple the normal prices.

OP check out ammoseek.com. you wont find great prices anywhere right now but I have found 115 grain target rounds for .58 cents per round lately.
    thanks! I am not looking for a lot just a few hundred rounds as the wife is taking her conceal carry course soon and I want to get her more proficient with her new to her carry gun before she takes that class. I have been buying for $1/round locally for cheap Blazer FMJ and I am just sick of paying the over inflated price...guess thats about as good as it gets. the local Cabelas here still has it for $.20/round but the first guy in line usually buys it all and resells it online for $.per round anyways. I work a 9-5 job so no chance of getting any there.

anyone order from a Patriot Defense" before? they have relaods for "Cheap" $.70/round ...have never heard of them though.

9. Member
    Ammoshop.com just sent me an email. They have training ammo in stock
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

10. Member
    I managed to get lucky Saturday at Academy, because the weather delayed their Friday delivery. I just happened to drive by right before they opened and saw the line, and figured they must have gotten some in. I got 50 rounds of 9mm H.P for $40, and 100 rounds of 5.56 for $47. They had a lot of 9mm practice ammo, but it didn't last long.

11. Member

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebone1 View Post

Sounds like you should have got to the store before him.

13. Member
    local Academy limits only 2 boxes of pistol or rifle ammo. no certain day for ammo sales and when there is usually 100 people in line.

Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    anyone order from a Patriot Defense" before? they have relaods for "Cheap" $.70/round ...have never heard of them though.
    Thats what you call cheap? Do as said earlier, go to BPS early and wait for them to open, after you find out when they will have new stock. 70 cents is an anal raping, yeah it's not 95 cents butt close enough.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brady01 View Post
    Sounds like you should have got to the store before him.
    Exactly.

The friends we sold the ammo to needed ammo too. Everybody in line was buying the max they were allowed, so it's not like it would have been there for the lunch crowd anyway.
    John

16. Member
    I am convinced the only way to get ammo supplies restocked on store shelves plentiful is to raise prices to outrageous levels. A box of shells that costs $75-80 will allow the supply side to replenish. Anything short of that will fail to work. Call it gouging, but the average Joe has to be priced out of the market.

^^^ Naah just stop over paying for ammo, people who are not using it are buying it so you and I can't. Because people will pay them for it. If that stopped the scalpers would stop and pow it's on the shelves at normal price still scarce but not like this. People are buying anything they can not even knowing how rare of caliber it is. They are about to find out haha
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

18. Member
    Would you rather go into a shop that is well stocked with ammunition of all calibers But where the prices are high, example: 9mm/50 rd box = $65 , 20 rd box 30/06 =$90, 25 round 12 ga. High brass $60.

OR

A shop that has normal everyday prices but the shelves are bare?

After a year and a half of this, I’d rather take scenario #1.

Year and a half!? Next time your empty drive up to ND we are only going on month 5. And there is ammo on shelves daily. Just the scalpers buy it.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Would you rather go into a shop that is well stocked with ammunition of all calibers But where the prices are high, example: 9mm/50 rd box = $65 , 20 rd box 30/06 =$90, 25 round 12 ga. High brass $60.

OR

A shop that has normal everyday prices but the shelves are bare?

After a year and a half of this, I’d rather take scenario #1.
    Was in a store a couple of days ago that had plenty of ammo, but about double the price of what I've been paying at BassPro/Cabela's lately. Like $35 for 50 9mm range ammo. Probably an okay price a couple of months ago. But it's getting easier and easier to buy it from BP/Cabela's, so there is no way I'd pay that much. Cabela's near me had a TON of 9mm yesterday. Didn't get there until 1pm and the wife and I got 8 boxes each of 100 count 115gr 9mm range ammo for $34.99 a box. They had primers (sold out of SP though) too. A lot of folks didn't even get the max allowed boxes yesterday, which I took as a good sign.

I think that as more people are able to get in on those deals, it will drive the scalpers out of business, and then things will get back to normal. It will take a while for supply to fully catch up to demand, but it sure looks like a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel to me.
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast