Thread: PMC Ammo

Banned

PMC Ammo

Ammo is hard to find now...Bought a box of PMC Bronze .308 150 gr Soft Point.Will use to sight in the Meopta Optika scope i bought.
    Have seen this ammo but never tried it or know anyone that has.Not wanting to waste the hunting ammo i have sighting in the scope.

Looks like it's made in South Korea curious if it would do good hunting deer and hogs,not many reviews to read on PMC Ammo.

2. Member
    I can only remember using one box of PMC hunting rounds and that was for a 30-30 with peep sites so I can't comment on accuracy but when I squeezed the trigger, they went bang and made a hole. I believe I shot a couple deer with it but more often it was Corelokts, Super X, or Browning blunts.

The bronze line is full metal jacket, isn't it? Not my first choice for most hunting applications

Nevermind, after looking up their line-up, I see they make two SP's in the Bronze line. Should be fine for pigs. Not sure how it behaves inside a deer. If it blows up, you're eating lead particles which doesn't appeal to me.
    Last edited by BP in ME; 02-21-2021 at 02:00 PM.

3. Banned
    It's a Pointed Soft Point,it Should be good for deer and hogs,price wasn't bad compared to others.Was tempted to buy more,but don't know enough about them.Only way to find out is hit the range.

I've used PMC in .223 and 9mm without issue. They are a good manufacturer.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Used them in 380 and .40. It's fine.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

PMC is solid plinking ammo, at least what I bought. I've used their .223, .380, 9mm and .40. Every single one has went bang.

7. Member
    You wont have any problems with PMC,,, if you can find it.

8. Member
    Have used in 5.56 and 7mm Rem mag. Never a problem and seems quite accurate.
    2023 Ranger Z520R
    Mercury 250 ProXS

9. Member
    PMC is decent ammo. A traditional cup and core bullet of the appropriate weight in a 308 will work just fine for deer and hogs. It will be good to go.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    PMC is decent ammo. A traditional cup and core bullet of the appropriate weight in a 308 will work just fine for deer and hogs. It will be good to go.
    They came in ups today...Like the looks of them...Once i get the optika5 mounted and get some time will head to the range and shoot some of those pmc's.