Lithium batteries in a 206

I have a 01- 206 and it's time to get new trolling batteries so thinking lithium, since she sits low in the rear I was thinking the weight loss might be good? But it likes to run 3-1/2 to 3-3/4 under ( p2p) will a wieght loss in the tail effect this? On my bobs jack I'm running down on 1 so can't drop much more, or would that relationship stay the same (p2p) regardless of the weight? Probably over thinking it, just don't want to drop the cash on lithum to find out she likes a little weight in the trunk. Thanks for any thoughts.

All hulls are different, only one way to find out.

3. Member
    Yeah for sure, just tired of finding out the hard expensive way, just curious if any have already done it, and what their results were. Thanks for your response

4. Banned
    HAvn't done it, but also considering.

Im going to pull 2 trolling batteries to mock the weight loss and run it. Hopefully results will show.

5. Member
    That's a great idea, I'd be very interested to see your results

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    In my boat, the trolling batteries are on the port side, where you need to the weight to help balance the hull. I plan on going Ghost in the not too distant future, so may add a 3rd troller that hopefully balance it more. I list to starboard until it comes up on pad, so I know I have too much weight on that side. Of course, I could stand to lose about 75# which would help the situation ...

7. Member
    I pulled out 3 wet cells for my troller and went back with 3 lithiums. Then I added a wet cell for my electronics, so I have 2 wet cells and 3 lithiums and I couldn't really tell much difference on my 210
    GETFISHED !!!

8. Member
    We have 2005 206 and kept the gel cell battery for cranking and electronics and replaced the 3 12 volt trolling motor batteries with 1 lithium pro 36 volt 60 amp battery. Totally different boat. Planes out fast, handles better and is a little faster. We did not alter the motor height or prop. The one lithium battery will keep up with 2 to 2 1/2 days of fishing no problem. We are very happy with the investment.

9. Member
    I'm in the process of replacing two 31 Duracell AGM's with 3 80AH lithiums, I have a Ghost which works on 24 or 36 volts. I will see shortly when it warms up.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

10. Member
    2006 198, 225 Merc Optimax. I replaced 4 lead acid batteries with 3 Lithiums. 2 100ah for t-motor, and 1 125ah starter. Hole shot was much faster, speed same, did not need to change motor height.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax