Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I just showed my wife your post she thought I wrote it LOL. I am about a year from retirement March 2022 and I’m planing to do the same thing I told her we need to go look around this summer . 1 thing we talked about doing is rent a place for a year to make sure we get in a place that we like . Good luck on your journey.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sll View Post
    It is a great area to live in. I haven't been anywhere yet than I prefer over NE TN.
    This!! I was born and raised in East TN (born in Greeneville and grew up in Mosheim). Still have family in the area and love to see them and the area, and of course kick my brothers butt on his home water. Wife and I had looked at Cherokee and Douglas for when we retired until we realized we may not want to be too far from our sons. We were right, and now that we have a granddaughter, and a grandson on the way, it would have been extremely difficult to be so far away. Regardless of which area, you must check out Lauren Castle for your real estate needs. Just a great person and she'll look after you! I'm pretty sure she covers most, if not all, of East TN. You can reach her or her staff here: https://laurencastle.com/

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by East TN.Hunt-n-Fish View Post
    Florida is nice this time of year! Lol
    Yep

4. Member
    We have many "Half-Backs" in Tennessee.

It seems that a lot of Ohio/Michigan/Wisconsin guys initially retired to Florida.

After about Five years or so of FL summer heat and humidity (just like Houston)...they decided they wanted cooler climes and four seasons. They headed back towards the North...but really didn't want true Winters...and they wound up HALF WAY BACK..in Tennessee! They are affectionately called Half-Backs!

Many of them still head to FL in the "Winters" but a lot more are happy with one inch snow falls and temperatures in the high twenties for Tennessee "Winters".

Ha Ha

5. Banned

6. Member
    Chattanooga is getting to be an overrun crap hole, you can have it. Also, if you love waiting in line at boat ramps in the middle of the week you will love it here!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 618PRO View Post
    Chattanooga is getting to be an overrun crap hole, you can have it. Also, if you love waiting in line at boat ramps in the middle of the week you will love it here!
    Exactly what a lot of my Tennessee friends are saying!!! The good people of Tennessee that have lived there for generations are seeing their state and way of life destroyed!!! Slimy real estate developers are a huge cause of this problem!!!
    Last edited by nightbasser; 03-01-2021 at 06:47 PM.
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Exactly what a lot of my Tennessee friends are saying!!! The good people of Tennessee that have lived their for generations are seeing their state and way of life destroyed!!! Slimy real estate developers are a huge cause of this problem!!!
    The golden era of our lakes is well behind us.

9. Member
    I'm afraid if you look at the current nightmare they call Atlanta, then you are looking at Chattanooga in the not to distant future. We are thinking of getting out of here in a few years when my wife retires. It's just becoming way to crowded.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    The main problem is way to many people are moving to this area! It will be overrun much like Nashville and the surrounding area very soon the way things are going! I have friends in the Chattanooga area that are wanting out due to the huge influx.

10. Member
    I just wanted to thank everyone for the help with this and share that I am now a land owner on Telico.

11. Member
    Welcome to the neighborhood. I am there too in Toqua. We love it here.

12. Member
    Welcome to Tellico Village! Lots of building going on here right now. It appears to take about eight months to complete a new build house......

I've been here a year now. Trying to learn Tellico, Fort Loudon and Watts Bar lakes. Fishing here is pretty different than Texas.

13. Member
    Thanks, TexomaDan

I did not purchase in Telico Village and I am closer to Vonore and Fort Loudon Historic Park. I have fished Watts Bar in the past and am familiar with that lake but am excited to learn more about Ft. Loudon and Telico.

14. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I live in Vonore myself. Welcome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12